Got a new jump starter, for the big boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
My battery/electrical toy obsession continues, I got me a new clore jump and carry air (JNCAIR). This is a really powerful jump starter with air compressor. It uses a 22 ah agm battery and has quite a few cool features.

*425 cranking amps 1700 peak amps (2 gauge cables)
*60 psi air compressor w/brass chuck and very accurate gauge (12 foot coil hose)
*manual analog voltmeter for internal battery status
*fully automatic internal AC charger with float mode (can be left plugged in indefinitely to AC power)
*12v accessory port for running accessories and DC charging of the jump starter (not automatically charged from DC)
*68 inch cables with industrial grade jaws

This thing is very professional grade and I am eager to have opportunities to test it's performance.

Pictures of my JNCAIR below.

qyee5v.jpg

33e1jxi.jpg

e639yd.jpg

30sh8yh.jpg

9r3x46.jpg

291kzya.jpg

They even included a 12v extension cable which you can use to manually charge the unit, but must be monitored during dc charge to prevent over charge.

The only thing you need to provide is an extension chord to charge the unit. I got a 15 footer off Amazon really cheap rated for way more than needed.

The unit is always hot and has no safety mechanism, so user caution is required to prevent arching

What did you give for it? I bought one of those laptop battery sized ones from NAPA for $175 for the mustang. I'll probably get the bigger one for the suburban. Or else just buy another battery and carry jumper cables.

They're $209 at Amazon. I have a genius boost too which was only $99 but it's having some difficulty with certain vehicles, actually really odd...

It starts most cars I've tried including my Vulcan V6 hooking it up directly to the battery terminals with no battery in the car and starts all kinds of other cars but I had issues with a 3.1 Gm minivan due to the battery not being accessible and also a Nissan pathfinder it wouldn't spin fast enough to crank.

This JNCAIR is basically a small car battery so it will crank most anything I can imagine, I'm trying to find a way to test it and make a YouTube video going over the features too.

Trying to find someone with a big V8 where I can hook it up at the terminals with no battery hooked up

Not to burst your bubble but looks identical to harbor freight stuff down to the brass screw on chuck for air hose.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Not to burst your bubble but looks identical to harbor freight stuff down to the brass screw on chuck for air hose.

I've held that in person, there is a significant difference in the craftsmanship, quality of materials and most importantly the battery. They use extremely cheap Chinese agms in those, they don't compare in raw cranking amps.

I can't imagine how much cheaper the air compressor is too on the HF model.

If someone just wants a high quality jump starter without the air compressor clore makes the same thing in the JNC660 for only $130

What is the weight?

I'd guess 50lbs.

Also, a question. When jumping a car, why do we not go negative to negative? It seems that years ago the jump procedure was neg to neg, but 15-20 years ago they started having us clamp a block (or other piece of heavy metal under the hood).

The unit is 29 lbs, the battery is specified at 14 lbs.

As far as I know we use the chassis ground because it's further from the battery meaning no sparks directly by the vent to prevent the miniscule chance of an explosion

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

As far as I know we use the chassis ground because it's further from the battery meaning no sparks directly by the vent to prevent the miniscule chance of an explosion

That's my understanding also. Looks like a quality unit!

For around $25, you can have 20ft. 4-gauge jumper cables; these will last forever, work every time, and start anything on the road.

Have you considered doing this?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Didn't you have a Lithium one? What happened to it?

Yes I still have it but it's been somewhat inconsistent not being able to start larger displacement enfines. It's started every 4 cylinder I've tried though perfectly. Did you see they no longer have just one model? They have more powerful models now.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
For around $25, you can have 20ft. 4-gauge jumper cables; these will last forever, work every time, and start anything on the road.

I have booster cables in each vehicle, both pretty good ones but that requires finding a helper which night not always be an option.

Yes but you still need a battery ... I'd rather be self reliant.

Last edited:

Source?

There are some 20 foot 4 ga cables at home depot but they are only rated for 250 amps. And again you still need a battery to jump the vehicle.

I carry a smaller JNC300 in my daily driven vehicles, which have a V6 motor, but I also have a JNC660 for another car that has a V8 motor.

Jump packs are the way to go, some cars cannot be jumped by another car due to delicate electronics- i.e. audis, bmw etc. . . Jump pack is the easier on the electronics.

Pickup up a JNC X Force Dually late summer. It will turnover anything but the weight is a killer. + side is that is has at least 5 feet of cord

Originally Posted By: chefwong
Pickup up a JNC X Force Dually late summer. It will turnover anything but the weight is a killer. + side is that is has at least 5 feet of cord

That's a very interesting product, now I'm curious as to how it's different than my unit because the specs are mentioned different and the unit says it weighs less which I found confusing, as it appears the JNC X Force is slated as a higher end product

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
There are some 20 foot 4 ga cables at home depot but they are only rated for 250 amps.

That's correct -- every other 4-gauge cable on the market is rated for at least 400.

Mine are 500.

Here are 600 AMP on Amazon for $27 with excellent reviews: http://amzn.com/B00AETUVM4

Whether you spend a little on quality jumper cables, or nearly $400 for the big JNC box, they serve the same purpose: To get the vehicle started.

From there, it's up to a good charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back