Got a great k&n filter for $2.60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's nothing new too most but I really just never have paid much attention to k&n filters because of the price.
Anyway I found this at dirt cheap shoved In an extra guard box. Dirt cheap is a store that buys and sales left over stuff from the major chains. I only paid $2.60
I'm really impressed with how thick and solid this filter is. Very heavy duty compared to the other filters I've seen at Walmart and all.
Glad to see it's made here in the U.S.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I use the K&N oil filters on my Harley. The bolt fixture on the end is really handy. Not much of a fan of their gauze air filters.

Have they returned, or were they made by Champ Labs a year ago like the date code shows?

They've returned from being made in Korea, then Mexico and now back Champ US where they started. As they are rarely seen in anecdotes here, even the one linked some there not sure it was Champ US made. Main point, the oft flogged here Korea made K&N spin on appears to be history.

Originally Posted by Donald
A bargain is only a bargain if you get something you want. Even for $0.25 I would not buy a K&N filter of any kind.

I obviously wanted it after I took it out of the extra guard box and inspected it and found it fits my use.
Apparently it's got a good media like m1 so it was a great buy

Good find. I use K&N oil filters, from time to time. Especially on my zero turn mower, the filter hangs off the back in a position where it could be hit by things. A thick casing is a definite benefit in that application.

Originally Posted by 69Torino
Good find. I use K&N oil filters, from time to time. Especially on my zero turn mower, the filter hangs off the back in a position where it could be hit by things. A thick casing is a definite benefit in that application.

Yeah, I have a remote spin on filter mount plumbed into all of my transmission cooler return lines. I figure the k&n is a great fit for that because of it's thick can and rust won't be as much of an issue for a really long time in use.
If the media is the same or nearly as the m1 it should be good for long term use as well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back