Got a call from a weird bird today.

Guy has an AC hose from a 2018 Hyundai somethin. AC hose got cut. Dude went to the junkyard and cut off a hose from a wreck.

Wants me to crimp it onto his existing ends. Can't! I can't reuse the oe crimp sleeve, the oe Barb or the oe hose as it's a different size than our #6,#8,#10 or #12 hose. I have to weld on my barbed fittings that match my hose.

Tried to go explain this to him but he is bent on using the used hose he bought at picapart.

Prolly better off not even dealing with him.

typically those run between 86 and 350 new

but why couldnt he just get the whole hose off the pick a part?

Probably better to avoid.. seems like next thing he would want you to pay him for bringing his car to you.

Guy has an AC hose from a 2018 Hyundai somethin. AC hose got cut. Dude went to the junkyard and cut off a hose from a wreck.

Wants me to crimp it onto his existing ends. Can't! I can't reuse the oe crimp sleeve, the oe Barb or the oe hose as it's a different size than our #6,#8,#10 or #12 hose. I have to weld on my barbed fittings that match my hose.

Tried to go explain this to him but he is bent on using the used hose he bought at picapart.

Prolly better off not even dealing with him.

He didn't understand a word you said, He thinks A/C hose is A/C hose.

typically those run between 86 and 350 new

but why couldnt he just get the whole hose off the pick a part?

Probably better to avoid.. seems like next thing he would want you to pay him for bringing his car to you.

Pick a Part by law has to evac the Refrigerant, and when they do so they cut the A/C coolant lines to and from the condenser.

I fixed the brakes on a doctor's Mercedes, he needed a new caliper and he bought a used brake caliper from a wrecking yard. He had been driving for over a year (daily) using the emergency brake to stop.

Back