Goodyear's new Assurance All-Season tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a confusing name, especially since Goodyear uses that Assurance name on so many tires now!

Anyway, the Assurance All-Season seems to be replacing the Integrity as the entry model in Goodyear's passenger all-season lineup (which also includes the mid-level Assurance Fuel Max and the premium Assurance TripleTred). And of course there's also the Assurance Comfortred Touring grand touring tire. So much assurance you'll get confused!

Goodyear Assurance All-Season

yeah their branding people are trying to capitalize on a few good tires, but it may backfire if it ends up being a low end tire...

I actually have theses tires on my car right now. The lady I bought it from was nice enough to spend nearly $600 on tires before she sold it.

The Integrity tires assured I would hydroplane during slightest rain and feel every bump in the road. Is that what they mean by assurance? I am confident they were the worst tires I ever had.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
The Integrity tires assured I would hydroplane during slightest rain and feel every bump in the road. Is that what they mean by assurance? I am confident they were the worst tires I ever had.

I all reality, I have had some terrable tires in the past. Just as bad or worst as the Integrity's.

I have to agree with you though! We had the Ingeg's on our AWD RX-300 from New(OE) and they were terrable in the foul weather. During the winter months, always kicking on the ABS and sliding around corners causing the VSC to activate. Nice and quiet/good riding otherwise!

Although we're ready for new tires today, since changing to the Good/Year Assurance Comfort Treads in 2008, none of this ABS/VSC has happened. I actually had to slam on the brakes and/or swing the RX around hard, to make sure the ABS/VSC, respectively, still worked.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
yeah their branding people are trying to capitalize on a few good tires, but it may backfire if it ends up being a low end tire...

Is that like continental naming all of their tires "contixx"

GY is trying to build Assurance as a similar sub brand name like Wrangler. And we have installed a few of the new Assurance tires so far. Customers seem to like them. They are considerably lighter than a similar size Comfortred/Tripletred tire ( whatever that means, they are supposed to have good FE rating, even though GY wont use that as a selling point, got FuelMax for that ).

Yeah, but they should at least put something else in the new tire's name. For example, "Assurance Integrity A/S" or "Assurance Economy A/S" or something.

Yeah they already have the Wrangler sub-brand for trucks, and the Eagle sub-brand for their performance tires, bur they're not just called "Goodyear Wrangler" or "Goodyear Eagle" (except for their Eagle racing tires, which don't count here)

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I actually have theses tires on my car right now. The lady I bought it from was nice enough to spend nearly $600 on tires before she sold it.

Ugh, I hate it when people do that. Most tire warranties are only good for the original purchaser, meaning you probably don't have any warranty coverage.

I just bought a car and it has basically brand new tires. I would have strongly preferred that it still had the old tires and instead I got a discount. Then I could have researched and chose a new set of tires, something I actually like doing. Plus, I'd have a warranty on those tires.

EDIT- On Goodyear tires, only the original purchaser gets the mileage warranty. The warranty against manufacturing defects is worded a little differently, so I can't tell if subsequent owners get that. I'm guessing it would depend on the mood of the person handling the warranty and if you had an original sales receipt.

Quote:
The Tread Life Limited Warranty applies only if you are the original
purchaser and the tires have been used only on the vehicle on which
they were originally installed, according to Goodyear’s or the vehicle
manufacturer’s recommendations.

Quote:
You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you meet
all the following criteria:
• You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Goodyear
highway auto or light truck tires
• Your tires bear Department of Transportation prescribed tire
identification numbers
• Your tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they
were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s
or Goodyear’s recommendations
• Your tires were purchased on or after May 1, 2011
Light truck tires are defined as all tires identified with the “LT”
designation in the sidewall stamping plus the 8-19.5 and 8R19.5
sizes, which do not carry the “LT” designation

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: 3800Series

Ugh, I hate it when people do that. Most tire warranties are only good for the original purchaser, meaning you probably don't have any warranty coverage.

I just bought a car and it has basically brand new tires. I would have strongly preferred that it still had the old tires and instead I got a discount. Then I could have researched and chose a new set of tires, something I actually like doing. Plus, I'd have a warranty on those tires.

Are you really complaining that a used car comes with new tires?
I'm flabbergasted. Completely flabbergasted.

You know, if it bothers you that much, you can always buy new tires of your own choosing!
Then you have a warranty on them. Hurray!!

You can even sell the old tires that you hate for a bundle of cash, which will most likely turn out to be worth more than any discount you would have gotten on the car with bald tires.

BC.

I was peeved that my CPO truck came with new tires. The cost $200 apiece--and I'm sure I paid for them. But I have yet to see a good review for the, I would have much rather had a credit towards the tires I wanted. Now I (still) need to sell those tires.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Are you really complaining that a used car comes with new tires?
I'm flabbergasted. Completely flabbergasted.

You know, if it bothers you that much, you can always buy new tires of your own choosing!
Then you have a warranty on them. Hurray!!

You can even sell the old tires that you hate for a bundle of cash, which will most likely turn out to be worth more than any discount you would have gotten on the car with bald tires.

BC.

Flabbergasted? Such dramatic silliness.

It's all summed up in this part of the post you quoted.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
I would have strongly preferred that it still had the old tires and instead I got a discount. Then I could have researched and chose a new set of tires, something I actually like doing. Plus, I'd have a warranty on those tires.

How many times have you seen used cars with new tires? I've seen them a lot, and they often aren't great tires. They're many times cheap tires put on before selling the car.

Selling a set of used tires, even lightly used, will generally not recoup enough of the cost of a replacement set to make it worth while, unless the tires are really bad. I think in many cases I could get more through negotiations.

I recently bought a car that came with pretty new tires that are decent Goodyears, but not exactly what I would have chosen. They're not bad enough to justify taking a financial hit by selling them used.

I would have preferred the car came with tires toward the end of their life. I could use that in the negotiations and then pick the tires I want for the car, and get a warranty. That's clearly not hard to understand.
laugh.gif

do+you+understand+the+words.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back