Goodyear “Performance Max” Full Synthetic Motor Oil

I actually got it for free, several cases of 5 quart jugs. I am pretty anal about my vehicles, thats why I came here regarding this oil - as I have never heard of it. It wouldn’t truly be free if there was a price to pay in the end.

When you get something for free then there is something wrong. Do you think I could get 90 quarts of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 or 5W-30 for free.

A few years ago my dumb friend said if I went down with him to Potomac Md to help him load a gas grille into his truck that he got for free, he would buy me a case of beer, guess what, he eventually got rid of the Gas Grille. Both of the Burners were bad on the Gas Grille.

Lets be realistic, I think this might be the 1st thread on Bitog about GoodYear Oil. I always thought this Forum was about talking and debating about the best oils out there.

I actually got it for free, several cases of 5 quart jugs.
Since it was free and you have do much of it, perhaps have the oil analyzed. I, for one, would be curious to see what's really in it. An analysis of the Amazon Basics Euro 0W-40 was a positive surprise.

What cars are you planning to run it in?

Is Mobil1 probably better, yes, is this oil serviceable and perfectly fine, yes, just use it, it's at least an entry level synthetic with Dexos approval from a reputable company, maybe run it a shorter interval if you don't trust it as much as Mobil1, it's free and it's oil meeting modern specs, nothing to complain about there.

Is Mobil1 probably better, yes, is this oil serviceable and perfectly fine, yes, just use it, it's at least an entry level synthetic with Dexos approval from a reputable company, maybe run it a shorter interval if you don't trust it as much as Mobil1, it's free and it's oil meeting modern specs, nothing to complain about there.
It's threads like this when I was an outsider looking in just lurking for information that made me realize, holy **** what do these guys think cars used leading up to this point lol!?

The sun still rose and set, the earth still revolved on it's axis, and regular motor oil filled the crankcases of cars that looped the globe.

All of a sudden we need the stamp from the King of Siam to ensure a 1.8L Toyota mouse-fed mill will hold together with today's lubricants.
Nuts...

When you get something for free then there is something wrong. Do you think I could get 90 quarts of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 or 5W-30 for free.

A few years ago my dumb friend said if I went down with him to Potomac Md to help him load a gas grille into his truck that he got for free, he would buy me a case of beer, guess what, he eventually got rid of the Gas Grille. Both of the Burners were bad on the Gas Grille.

Lets be realistic, I think this might be the 1st thread on Bitog about GoodYear Oil. I always thought this Forum was about talking and debating about the best oils out there.
Free tap water at Flint, MI

It w
Since it was free and you have do much of it, perhaps have the oil analyzed. I, for one, would be curious to see what's really in it. An analysis of the Amazon Basics Euro 0W-40 was a positive surprise.

What cars are you planning to run it in?
It would go into a 3.6L Pentastar and a 1.4L Turbo VW. Both of those engines have always had Supertech Synthetic oil. I change the VW 1.4L Turbo every 5,000 miles as it is turbo charged and direct injection. Beats up the oil bad. The 3.6L Pentastar is easy on oil, but it is so easy to change on the jeep, I change it at 5,000 miles as well.

Huge fan of supertech oil, and even more so of their synthetic oil filters. Really high quality filters for the price, and I believe manufactured in the U.S.A.

Maybe I will have the Goodyear stuff analyzed. I have never done that before though. Blackstone labs, is that the one to use?

In case it wasn't mentioned yet, the SDS is available from the GY site. Personally I would have no qualms about running this oil. And if I got 90 qts free, this is all I would use for the next few years!

In case it wasn't mentioned yet, the SDS is available from the GY site. Personally I would have no qualms about running this oil. And if I got 90 qts free, this is all I would use for the next few years!

Agree, shake it up really hard and use it. Keep inside especially if no foil seal and should be okay. You could cut your duration oci down just to go through it and help like a flush by replacing it without the consequences of what a flush could do that might be worrisome.

I think pretty much all Goodyear’s exclusively used Valvoline oils. I wonder if this will be their new offering.

not that it makes it "junk" but doesn't the bottle list Dexos 1 Gen 2???...nice acquisition...

Bill
There was a "sell down" period where gen 3 could be labeled gen 2.
The API "SP" is the gen 3 give away, I read on the internet.

In November I bought a 20L case (4x5L) of Petro-Canada 5w30 that is labeled Dexos 1 gen 2 API SP.
It's the gen 3 product and will be going into a 2022 3.6L Acadia.
Would I use the Good Year oil? Yep.
If there is oil consumption with the 5w30, I'll move up to an API SP low ash 5w40, or the Dexos licensed 0w40 M-1.

It w

It would go into a 3.6L Pentastar and a 1.4L Turbo VW. Both of those engines have always had Supertech Synthetic oil. I change the VW 1.4L Turbo every 5,000 miles as it is turbo charged and direct injection. Beats up the oil bad. The 3.6L Pentastar is easy on oil, but it is so easy to change on the jeep, I change it at 5,000 miles as well.

Huge fan of supertech oil, and even more so of their synthetic oil filters. Really high quality filters for the price, and I believe manufactured in the U.S.A.

Maybe I will have the Goodyear stuff analyzed. I have never done that before though. Blackstone labs, is that the one to use?
www.pqia.org

Goodyear lubricants might be a member. Their products will be flagged if there's a problem.

Back