Goodyear Fortera Tripletreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you,but I can't put a price on my wife and kids.
smile.gif

If $ is no object, buy them. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. My minivan will be due for a new set soon. I'd love to get a set of Tripletreads. However, at less than half the price, I can get a set of Kuhmos, and feel just as good/safe.

Weather it be the GY Assurance TripleTread line or the GY Fortera Triple Tread T&SUV you can not go wrong.

GY out did themselves here, some even say the TripleTread lines pulled GY out of a sales crisis. For sure they definately caught Michelin with there pants down.

Also investigate:

Michelin LTX M&S , cross listed with Sears XC LT4

Bridgestone Dueler REVO, this seems very HOT too

I had a set Triple Treds on a Toyota I just sold.
Pros
Great tire in rain,handling,long wearing and so-so in snow.
Cons
Noisy,hard riding and kills a bit of your gas mileage.
Would I buy them again?
Maybe but I don't think so.
The truck version may be different,tho.

I have Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's on my Explorer.
Highly rated at Tire Rack.
Great tire.
Only shortcoming is not too great in snow.
The Destination LE would probably be the same.
For snow you need a AT tire.

quote:

Originally posted by Brett Miller:
Excuse me for answering. Then you should be buying Michelin.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. You stated they are really good tires but are exspensive.

I simply stated that I can't put a price on my family. I'd rather spend the extra bucks and get excellent tires,than try and skimp and get junk.

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:

Michelin LTX M&S , cross listed with Sears XC LT4

Bridgestone Dueler REVO, this seems very HOT too

I've looked at the Michelins,but it seems as though there are better tires on the market right now. The Michelins have slipped in their TR ratings.

The Revos are probably too aggressive for this SUVs use.

quote:

Originally posted by Stewart Fan:
What do you think? Tirerack has them rated #1

Going on a '99 S-10 Blazer (235/75/15)

I would buy these in a minute if they made them in my size (205-75-15). There isn't even a 225-70-15 available or I would plus size to that.

Have you looked at the Dunlop RVXT's and Firestone AT's? The AT's get VERY good reviews at Tire Rack (although take them with a grain of salt) and are cheaper than the REVO's.

GY/Dunlop Rover RVXT is an excellent tire, quite, gerat traction and the Severe Service Winter rating (mountain/snow flake symbol).

Cons, there is still an unresolved issue in SOME not all RVXT's having a balancing issue.

Great tire for the price!

and leaps ahead of the overpriced OE GY Wrangler RTS *grimace*

Stewart Fan -

I looked hard at those GY Fortera TripleTreads for my Tahoe about a year ago. I researched them on-line and went to the GY store to look at them. I was very close to buying them, but I decided in the end to go with Michelins. I guess it was because not enough people that I know had tried them.

I did not like the way that they are directional and can only be rotated front-to-back without taking the tire off the wheel each time. I guess this is why their tread wear is lower than other comparable tires. I did like their snow and water channeling grooves.

I didn't put them on my SUV, but I might consider them for my wife's SUV when her current tires wear out. We only get 1-2 snows/yr here in NC, but we get some really rainy days.

I like the way they look too!!
wink.gif

I have them on a 2003 Mountaineer. They ride fine as far as I'm concerned and my MPG haven't suffered. Its worth the extra $$ to not have ****** tires IMO.

I have them on my '02 Bravada and they are great tires, I love them. I haven't tried them in snow yet, but they have performed outstanding in all weather conditions that I have come across. Without hesitation I would purchase them again!

Quote:

I did not like the way that they are directional and can only be rotated front-to-back without taking the tire off the wheel each time. I guess this is why their tread wear is lower than other comparable tires. I did like their snow and water channeling grooves

They have a 60,000 mile warranty, and are rated 600AB; that's pretty good for a truck/SUV tire, even when only compared to the rest of the Goodyear line.

I just put a set on my Tahoe, and I love them. The rain traction is superb, they ride just fine. I don't find them to be terribly noisy, either. I like a directional tire because the tread does not have to compromise. The best tires I've ever had were directional. The best part about these tires is the braking on wet pavement. Much superior to the original tires. I'll be getting a set for the wife's Suburban next year. As for wear? Well, a 60,000 mile warranty is long enough for me. I won't keep tires past 50,000 miles.

I just installed these on my 02 Ford F150 4x2 Supercrew to replace the BFG Long Trails. Tire size is 275/60 17.

A few usage notes :
Noise was greatly reduced over the OEM tires. Much quieter than stock, drove the concrete Interstate (I95) at 75MPH and the sound reduction was noticed right away. The tires ride much smoother over the expansion joints, OEM tire would have a sharp jolt over these and at times on trips with the cruise the constant sound of hitting the expansion strips would be very annoying.

Traction greatly improved, made a few spirited turns and the new tires refuse to break away.

Talk of tread wear doesn't concern me as I do not ever reach the miles quoted. Absent the normal Summer rode trips with the kids our cars are low mileage.

I did price the tires locally and online and the best installed price was with a local discount shop.

My tires do have the Snow rating on the sidewall, I look forward to the first snowfall. OEM tires were OK in the snow but you had to be very cautious with the gas pedal to keep the traction under control.

I have them on my Dodge Quad Dakota. Nice tires. Expensive. Good guarrantee. I lost .5 mpg with them... They are NOT fuel saving. Don't slip and slide in rain. Fair on snowy conditions. Lousy on ice. I will not be buying them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back