Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring - Made in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The Upstate NY factory formerly owned by GY is now run by Sumitomo, and they have already begun making Falken tires in the US
smile.gif

From what I've read, Goodyear and Dunlop had a falling out - I remember seeing the DA/DB DOT code on Dunlop tires from that Buffalo plant, I think DA was for their bike tires and DB was their car tire DOT code.

Originally Posted By: nthach

From what I've read, Goodyear and Dunlop had a falling out - I remember seeing the DA/DB DOT code on Dunlop tires from that Buffalo plant, I think DA was for their bike tires and DB was their car tire DOT code.

Yeah, I remember the GY/Dunlop/Sumi fallout a couple years ago. I looked on this site , and it appears that DA is the code for the Buffalo plant (DB is a Chinese factory).

My question is, will the tires made there still carry the DA DOT code, or will they have to use new ones?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: grampi
We can't even make tires here anymore???

Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental.

The Bridgestones on my work truck are from Thailand.

They make it all over the world.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
...... My question is, will the tires made there still carry the DA DOT code, or will they have to use new ones?

I guess I am in the best position to answer - and while I am not 100% sure, I have seen other tire factories change owners without any change in the DOT plant code.

GY moved their production to Chile to lower cost of manufacturing and still be able to provide a quality product. Most of their machines are ones they moved from the US facilities which closed down. Rubber and petroleum products needed to make a tire come from Asia/Middle East. Before they would have to be shipped twice as far to North America , now they stop in South America , final product is made and then shipped to USA/Worldwide. Yes I know this means not made in USA , they still have lines that are being manufactured in USA. It is after all a global market and GY sells tires around the world. Have not seen any difference in production quality, if anything, product has gotten better with lesser balancing issues etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back