Goodyear American Eagle tires at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with these? What "main line" good year tires are they comparable to (American Eagle is a "wal-mart only" model).

I believe they compare closely to an Eagle GA tire. They seem to be pretty good, but I prefer the Viva 2 or Viva Touring. They will last much longer and are quiet. The Viva Touring if you want a sportier tire and the Viva 2 for all around goodness.

I would never buy tires at wal-mart. The service Ive gotten when Ive attempted twice has been extremely sub par. Same at a sam's club I tried at once.

Id suggest getting dunlop sport A2s. A better tire all around.

offtopic.gif

JMH

I've gotten terrible service at all places. Find a place that you like a stick to it. Just because you got bad service once doesn't mean it will be that way at all stores or even the next day.

I checked out the tires at Walmart and was not overly impressed.
I decided to check out tirerack.com. The opinion by buyers there was that the tire for me was a Kumho A/S. $39 each $19 shipping. My local garage said they would install them on my car for $10 each.

More effort on my part but about $40 cheaper than Walmart for two. Also the tire is rated for 80,000 miles and users thought it was a good buy.

I usually buy my tires from Tire Rack for all my cars...then bring them over to Costco Tire and have 'em installed and balanced for $5 each. They even give free tire rotations regardless of where you bought the tires.

The perks of being a Costco member.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back