Good Year Fortera SilentArmor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read about this tire the more I'm really starting to like it for my Explorer.

"'In addition to the Armor Zone, the tire has a super absorbent layer between the tire's tread and underlying belts that provides, on average, 20% more cushion than average tires designed for SUVs and light trucks, according to David Griffin, lead project engineer. This feature helps the new tire deliver a ride that feels more like a passenger car."

Both of the SilentArmor tires are engineered with an Armor Zone that features the following:

* an Armor Zone that is comprised of a layer made with DuPont Kevlar, a fiber which is, pound for pound, five times stronger than steel.

* a Durawall rubber compound, which reinforces the sidewall to help withstand cuts. Durawall technology was borrowed from the Wrangler MT/R, Goodyear's tire for severe off-road use.

* a rugged Rim Guard that protects wheels from curb damage.

On the comfort side, the tires are built "to soak up road noise for a smooth and quiet ride," says the company.

The tire is backed by the "Fortera Premium Utility Package," which offers consumers a 70,000-mile limited tread-life warranty; a 30-day, no obligation trial period; a roadside assistance program; nationwide warranty service; on-line product registration; and tire rotation reminder service.

Decisions,decisions...

I just ordered a set from The Tire Rack.
Backordered until Oct 12th.
freak2.gif

I was thinking of ordering Fortera's from the Tire Rack
for my RX-300. I never really liked the GoodYear Integrity's that came on the vehicle. The Integ's don't track very well on the highway and don't take sharp bumps very well like, expansion joints on the highway or cracks in the street. But the Integ's are very smooth and quiet otherwise which I do enjoy for a Lexus. If the Fortera's prove to be smooth and quiet along with better tracking and absorbency, they might be perfect for my vehicle.

quote:

Originally posted by Char Baby:
I was thinking of ordering Fortera's from the Tire Rack
for my RX-300. I never really liked the GoodYear Integrity's that came on the vehicle. The Integ's don't track very well on the highway and don't take sharp bumps very well like, expansion joints on the highway or cracks in the street. But the Integ's are very smooth and quiet otherwise which I do enjoy for a Lexus. If the Fortera's prove to be smooth and quiet along with better tracking and absorbency, they might be perfect for my vehicle.

I cancelled my order for the Silent Armors and bought a set of Bridgestone Alenza's.
I didn't like the Silent Armors not coming in a blackwall.
I know they can be turned around but I don't like the serial numbers showing.
Yes I'm anal about my vehicles.
smile.gif

The Alenza's are top rated on Tire Racks site both by a people's survey and TR testing.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...Model=Dueler+H/L+Alenza&perfType=HAS&x=24&y=9

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HAS

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+H/L+Alenza

The Alenza's were a bit cheaper than the Silent Armors and there's a $75 rebate with a set of four.
Not that it's a big deal but they're a higher speed rated "H"(130 MPH).
So they're made stronger.

They'll be installed this week and I'll give an early review in anyone is interested.

I'll look into the Alenza's as well and read the reviews. I like to read the reviews especially from those with vehicles like mine. Like I mentioned before, I want to keep that Lexus ride and quiet. I don't drive this RX very agressivly but still want a tire that is better than the Integrity's.

quote:

Originally posted by Char Baby:
I'll look into the Alenza's as well and read the reviews. I like to read the reviews especially from those with vehicles like mine. Like I mentioned before, I want to keep that Lexus ride and quiet. I don't drive this RX very agressivly but still want a tire that is better than the Integrity's.

Here's more reviews.
Some by owners of 300-330 Lexus.
A few against the tire but most like the tire.
I'll let you know my feeling on the tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back