Good Work Light for the moneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im find myself working on car, mostly at night time, cause im working all day. So im looking for a Work Light, so I can work on top of the engine and under. I want it bright .Any one have recomment ? thanks

Avoid incandescent lights, you will be constantly burning yourself on them.

For lots of light, fluorescents are best. LEDs are drop-proof, as mentioned earlier and run very cool. They will also run off the car battery when 120v isn't available.

A magnetic hook is very useful to hang the light from when working under the car.

Originally Posted By: George7941

For lots of light, fluorescents are best. LEDs are drop-proof, as mentioned earlier and run very cool. They will also run off the car battery when 120v isn't available.

A magnetic hook is very useful to hang the light from when working under the car.

You got any link to it ?

I a using a CFL in a plain old drop light. Been using various fluorscents for 30 years. If I was buying new now, it would be LED.

As volume goes up and the price drops, I think LED's will dominate the market for all light except large commercial fixtures.

I am using a 100 watt quartz spot light for welding. I want plenty of light just in the spot I am starting a bead. The light makes much less heat than the arc.

Originally Posted By: killagt
Originally Posted By: George7941

You got any link to it ?

If you are asking for a link to a magnetic hook, here is one, it is the first item on the page
http://www.princessauto.com/vmchk/view-a...d=magnetic+hook

I have a small fortune invested in lights. I have a fluorescent that has two bulbs in it. Lots of light. Two LED cordless lights, All sorts of different flashlights and even a pair of Mechanix gloves with a small LED on the back of your hand.
They all come in handy at one point or another.

I agree with Tom. I bought a head lamp from Princeton Tec at a sporting goods store. It was $40. The light is always where I need it since I'm looking at the part I'm working on, & no hands required or cord to get in the way.

The $10 Walmart work light has worked pretty well for me. It uses a normal 75 watt lightbulb and an AC outlet. I used it a lot when I was in auto shop class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back