Good tire purchase experience on a showroom display tire at Tires Plus

Went to local Tires plus the other day with the intention of buying a Primewell PS830 205/60/16 tire to replace one that had marginal tread with a 1/2 inch lag bolt in the tread likely courtesy of a local construction site. The only 205/60/16 tire they had in stock at all in this store was a Toyo Extensa A/S that was on display in the showroom with a mfg. date of Oct. 2017. The Toyo is US made and has a slightly better treadwear (500 vs the Primewell's 460). Lots of dust on tire so I'm thinking it likely had been sitting in the showroom since not long after it arrived at this particular store. I would think the showroom would classify as a decently climate controlled area as far as tire degradation is concerned. I looked at several other tires on display and the next oldest one I saw was dated July 2018. The salesperson said they would sell me this Toyo tire($73.98) at same price as the Primewell ($57.99). I readily agreed to this. Has anyone else ever bought a display tire for any reason?

No usually they tell me the display aren’t for sale until they run out of the other ones lol. And where I buy tires their is no display they order them as they need them since mine are almost a non existent size anyway.

Back