Good things do happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for Temple Grandin link. Maybe dogs "get" autistic kids. My daughter's 3 yr old German Shepherd is a very good natured and up beat pooch. She is very good with the babies in her pack. The SIL bought her a Jolly Ball. It is a basket ball sized, blue hard poly something plastic that is 3/8- 10mm thick. Indestructable. We play fetch with it. Ella handles it with her nose at a fast pace whilst guarding it. It is hard to get it away from her unless she lets you. When it gets hung up in the bushes, Ella backs it out with her paws. She is a beautiful creature when she bounds after the ball. We need to get her her a flock of sheep and a pasture.
grin2.gif

I like my dogs better than most people. It's a great feeling to experience the welcoming committee when I come home from work. My only difficulty with this is that sometimes my Australian Cattle Dog sometimes brings me a dead rabbit and I have to pretend I'm thrilled with the offering.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Ella handles it with her nose at a fast pace whilst guarding it. It is hard to get it away from her unless she lets you. When it gets hung up in the bushes, Ella backs it out with her paws. She is a beautiful creature when she bounds after the ball. We need to get her her a flock of sheep and a pasture.
grin2.gif

My kids' old border collie/black lab mix ("Lady") did this same exact thing with a basketball tossed out into the back yard.
That innate herding instinct is ALWAYS there!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back