Good Story of The Day. Randy Bachman is Reunited with his Lost Guitar.

BTO fan here as well. I am glad to see he got his guitar back. Reminds me of when a guy I worked with back in the early 1990's left my Mac 50th Anniversary edition 3/8" ratchet in a customer's F-150 that was being shipped to the Azores Islands the next day. The truck belonged to a U.S. Air Force Airman who was PCS'ing to the Azores. It took about 6 weeks for me to receive it but the Airman did find the ratchet and mailed it back to me. There are good people in the world.

I never liked BTO but I love Chad Allan and the Expressions and The Guess Who. Their lps and 45s up to 1966 are essential!! (y)

BTO. I heard he was bartending after the band's popularity waned...
Sidenote - One of the guitarist for Steve Miller opened a sandwich shop after leaving the band. Went there many times for lunch ... he had all the band paraphernalia on the walls.

As I recall he was a Mormon which would present some difficulties with alcohol.

Growing up I was a huge Guess Who fan and also the early Bachman Turner stuff.
BTO was a rockin' band.

From his book review:
Randy Bachman's new book, "Tales From Beyond the Tap," isn't a memoir, and yet in writing the tome the Winnipeg-reared guitar wizard found himself spilling as abundantly as a jittery bartender.

Here is a Randy Bachman must listen.

Agree!! (y) Imo one of the best songs in the history of pop/rock music!! If I had to list my favorite songs ever, this would be at the top of the list. If you get the chance, listen to the original mono 45. It'll blow you away!! It's a completely different mix and recording of the song. Has a more garage rock sound and feel.

Agree!! (y) Imo one of the best songs in the history of pop/rock music!! If I had to list my favorite songs ever, this would be at the top of the list. If you get the chance, listen to the original mono 45. It'll blow you away!! It's a completely different mix and recording of the song. Has a more garage rock sound and feel.

I agree. When I search YouTube for songs sometimes the selections are not a good mix. The original was much deeper in bass and overall tone. I think the digitalization messed it up.

I had that album. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Listening to Pandora and No Sugar Tonight just came on. Big fan of them as well.
IMG_20220702_173547007_HDR.jpg

Maybe he changed religion or whatever?
Dunno... Believe it or not, not everyone follows all the tennants of thier personal religion.
And I am no one to judge, that's for sure.
Oh yeah, I've heard rock stars have been known to dabble in slippery territory now and then.

The returned guitar is a great story.

I agree. When I search YouTube for songs sometimes the selections are not a good mix. The original was much deeper in bass and overall tone. I think the digitalization messed it up.

I had that album. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
I think my copy is a mono promo. I need to grab an original 45 of that song. Itโ€™s also on the American Woman lp. Iโ€™m still trying to find a mono pressing of that oneโœŒ๏ธ

The best concert I have been to since 2000 was the Randy Bachman-Burton Cummings reunion concert series. Kansas City was the first stop. Both Randy and Burton was shocked by the turnout. They played overtime much to the dismay of Security who had to work overtime. To say the place "Rocked" is a gross understatement. . It was a just a few days after Bo Didley died. The did a great tribute to Bo. They just about brought down the house with the extended version of "Not Fragile" (the walls were really shaking). They did both BTO and Guess Who songs. "Takin' Care of Business was the finale. Glad Randy got his guitar back.

Last edited:
Back