Good RX

Does anyone else here use Good RX to buy their medicine? I take 2 meds for my health, which are covered by my Part D Medicare plan ($4 each). I also take (2) HIGH OCTANE pain meds for my phantom pains in my leg (stump). If I were to use Medicare to buy my (2) pain management meds it would cost $160-$220 for both, depending on which pharmacy I choose.
I am enrolled in the Gold Good RX plan (.99 cents a month) and save 95% on my pain meds. They usually cost me $32-$35 a month from Albertsons pharmacy. Albertsons is 55 miles away. No pharmacies around here where I live will fill my pain management Drs. prescriptions. Why, I don't know.
If you are paying very high outrageous medicine prices, you should look into Good RX.

I checked prices one a couple of meds I take-Costco was actually a couple of bucks cheaper than Good RX. You pain meds are probably a "schedule drug"-that is a controlled substance.

I checked 5 Rx at Costco, ridiculously high.

I compared prices on 10 Rx apps and GoodRx was absolutely the cheapest.

Martin Sheen on TV has been pushing a Rx plan. I want to check it out.

One of my sisters who use to work in healthcare billing gave me a card for Good RX and told me that if any of my meds cost any significant amount to check it out. She also said she is letting others know about it. All of my meds are well covered with my health plan.

These discount cards are hurting independent pharmacies. I know, I work in one. They don't reimburse the pharmacy anything, and often the pharmacy loses money if billing to the "discount card". The big chains can take the loss but not independents. I encourage you all to support your local independent pharmacies. Trust me, the big box pharmacies could care less about your health.

These discount cards are hurting independent pharmacies. I know, I work in one. They don't reimburse the pharmacy anything, and often the pharmacy loses money if billing to the "discount card". The big chains can take the loss but not independents. I encourage you all to support your local independent pharmacies. Trust me, the big box pharmacies could care less about your health.
So you're suggesting me to pay multiple times more for the drug than I would get otherwise just to support local pharmacy? Are you being serious? Drug cost is absolutely stupid to begin with, and on top of paying to pharmaceutical giants you want me to pay for pharmacy profits? Jeez. What's wrong with people these days

Does anyone else here use Good RX to buy their medicine? I take 2 meds for my health, which are covered by my Part D Medicare plan ($4 each). I also take (2) HIGH OCTANE pain meds for my phantom pains in my leg (stump). If I were to use Medicare to buy my (2) pain management meds it would cost $160-$220 for both, depending on which pharmacy I choose.
I am enrolled in the Gold Good RX plan (.99 cents a month) and save 95% on my pain meds. They usually cost me $32-$35 a month from Albertsons pharmacy. Albertsons is 55 miles away. No pharmacies around here where I live will fill my pain management Drs. prescriptions. Why, I don't know.
If you are paying very high outrageous medicine prices, you should look into Good RX.
I've used goodrx multiple times and they are a great option for those with no insurance (myself being laid off a week ago I'll likely be using it myself here soon). I'm also invested in goodrx stock. Good stuff all around

There are BOO KOO indy pharmacies around me (in towns next to mine). In fact, we have one in my village so close to my front door I can throw a rock and hit it. They won't fill my pain meds there because they're "TOO STRONG" they say. They're scared they will get robbed at night if they carry them.

I've used goodrx multiple times and they are a great option for those with no insurance (myself being laid off a week ago I'll likely be using it myself here soon). I'm also invested in goodrx stock. Good stuff all around
Their GOLD GOOD RX card is awesome! I save so much money when using it, it's ridiculous. But, when you can't afford these high priced meds, it sure helps out. (y)

Nope luckily I don’t take medicine lol but it’s good for those who do. My parents get their medications at Sam’s free with a premium membership

There are BOO KOO indy pharmacies around me (in towns next to mine). In fact, we have one in my village so close to my front door I can throw a rock and hit it. They won't fill my pain meds there because they're "TOO STRONG" they say. They're scared they will get robbed at night if they carry them.

Pharmacies are monitored by a particular government agency. Filling meds that are above the recommended dosages can get people in trouble. The whole prescribing / dispensing process could be better. I am afraid the patients are the ones that end up suffering because of poor laws / regulations.

Pharmacies are monitored by a particular government agency. Filling meds that are above the recommended dosages can get people in trouble. The whole prescribing / dispensing process could be better. I am afraid the patients are the ones that end up suffering because of poor laws / regulations.
I have seen DEA agents at my pain management Drs. office before. I used to go to a Drs. appt. there every 3 months. Now it's every month. My last 2 appts. were on the phone, video style. I have to keep a daily log of my 2 pain meds, when I take them, what time, how long between, the type of pain I was having, etc. The DEA has really come down hard on pain management Drs.
Keeping a log of my meds and actions is a small price to pay for the help they provide me.

Yep-every time you go and fill a "schedule drug" you are treated like an addict-at least that's been my experience.

I have been using GoodRx since their infancy and they are a lifesaver. I have an HDHP plan with poor coverage (to be civil) so buying any meds using my plan is like paying $100 for a $10 drug. Using GoodRx, I have been saving over 50% of what I would pay with my insurance. I used to buy meds from Canadian pharmacies before GoodRx. (They are perfect meds as opposed to what FDA will have you believe)

I would love to see how Amazon pharmacy compares to GoodRx. While I am not keen on giving Amazon my business, I do not want to pay exorbitant prices on the meds that are available for super cheap in other countries.

These discount cards are hurting independent pharmacies.
TBH, I never understood how the reimbursement works. My wife also complains about the same stuff that they don't get reimbursed well by the insurance companies. She is a PT but I kind of understand their reimbursement but I don't understand how pharmacy reimbursement works.

Stop and Shop in my area would apply the GoodRx coupon on their own if you let them know that you would like to pay the least. While it's a chain pharmacy, I am curious, with your comment, how can they afford to keep losing money at every Rx fill, just to get more business in terms of turnover? I also don't understand their or GoodRx business model. The whole healthcare market seems so opaque.
(I am not arguing. I have heard this argument often but I don't understand how others can afford to work with them.)

I have seen DEA agents at my pain management Drs. office before
You will be amazed by how many people doctor shop just for the pain meds. My wife works with one of the doctors. The guy randomly takes urine samples of his patients and if they are drug abusers, his office would not prescribe the meds. This is exactly because nobody wants to deal with the law enforcement agencies that look at prescribers through a specific lens.

Ridiculous. By whatever means necessary find what is cheapest for you. If a few dollars more at an independent and you prefer to shop there - sure. But this is often not the case.

I always check GoodRX before picking up medications. A couple of years ago I went to my local CVS to pick up a new prescription and was told the price was $528! I said forget it. The lady then slipped me a piece of paper on which she had written "GoodRX" and suggested I check their site. I went back to the same CVS with the GoodRX coupon and picked up the same bottle of medicine they were holding for me for $29! Of course the savings are not alway this dramatic, but it is worth checking, even to just save a few dollars.

Shows how broken our healthcare system is.

I always check GoodRX before picking up medications. A couple of years ago I went to my local CVS to pick up a new prescription and was told the price was $528! I said forget it. The lady then slipped me a piece of paper on which she had written "GoodRX" and suggested I check their site. I went back to the same CVS with the GoodRX coupon and picked up the same bottle of medicine they were holding for me for $29! Of course the savings are not alway this dramatic, but it is worth checking, even to just save a few dollars.

Shows how broken our healthcare system is.
Our government is quick to stand and regulate when it comes to dispensing pain killers, which I call 'low hanging fruit", but they are doing ZERO to regulate the obscene price gouging going on. $280 for my asthma inhaler. They should all be in jail, starting with the CEO and working their way down.

So you're suggesting me to pay multiple times more for the drug than I would get otherwise just to support local pharmacy? Are you being serious? Drug cost is absolutely stupid to begin with, and on top of paying to pharmaceutical giants you want me to pay for pharmacy profits? Jeez. What's wrong with people these days
I think what he is saying is that in specific circumstances where these cards yield a large benefit go and have your prescriptions filled at a big box pharmacy that can eat the loss. I used to sell in the biopharma and have met tons of independent compounding pharmacy owners.

True salt of the earth people that really care an enormous amount about patient outcomes. They make very little money and are under an immense amount of stress, they could quit at any time and make a great living but they really do care about patients. You want them filling your scripts over the big box shops when it’s a specialty compound.

For specialty stuff outside of what my insurance covers that is ludicrously expensive I use a Canadian mail order pharmacy. My wife was once on a medication that was $1600 a month in the US and $120 mail ordered through Canada. At that point I could book a first class ticket every month to pick up the meds and still come out ahead.

You will be amazed by how many people doctor shop just for the pain meds. My wife works with one of the doctors. The guy randomly takes urine samples of his patients and if they are drug abusers, his office would not prescribe the meds. This is exactly because nobody wants to deal with the law enforcement agencies that look at prescribers through a specific lens.
I get randomly drug tested as well.

Back