Good riddance to 2020! Looking forward to a far better year in 2021

For all the obvious reasons, 2020 was just not a great year for many of us. Ever the optimist, I believe 2021 will be fantastic. So I wish all of you here on BITOG, a wonderful 2021, full of health, wealth and happiness. I do believe in making our own luck, so let's make it a great year.

While hope alone will not achieve much, it will tend to produce a more positive outlook. That in itself can be the catalyst to many further improvements.

Happy New Year to the whole lot of you.

For all the obvious reasons, 2020 was just not a great year for many of us. Ever the optimist, I believe 2021 will be fantastic. So I wish all of you here on BITOG, a wonderful 2021, full of health, wealth and happiness. I do believe in making our own luck, so let's make it a great year.
I have a feeling 2021 will make 2020 like like a vacation in paradise.

I have high hopes too. If nothing else, if I sit around thinking it'll be bad, instead of doing what I can to make the most of it ... it will be bad.

Already spent this week doubling down on all the typical New Year's resolutions. Eating better, exercising thrice a day, book learning, etc. Now if I can just keep that up even after we can come out again.

While hope alone will not achieve much, it will tend to produce a more positive outlook. That in itself can be the catalyst to many further improvements.

Happy New Year to the whole lot of you.
I do believe that to a large extent, we make our own luck. I have plans to do epic things in 2021. Moving out of Florida is step number 1 for me.

I know some here will be pissed about this but I have to be honest. Frankly other than certain results, 2020 was an excellent year for me in many ways. Probably the biggest let down was the cancellation of my youngest daughter's wedding party. But she got married and the wedding ceremony was beautiful. My large investments during the March-April time frame really paid off. Amsoil sales, new record every month. Sick Bike Parts had a just ok year 2019 (down from 2018), but 2020, especially March on, banner sales year. I finished the complete kitchen remodel and completely gutted and redid one bathroom and regrouted the tile in the master. House exterior fully painted, most of downstairs, stair and hall areas repainted. I retired from my "real job". My life if re-newed. Took many hikes, some quite long. Stopped watching a lot of sports on TV.

mar-1.jpg

Last edited:
I had a great year because I am alive, the Family is fine and I have had some good stuff happen and some not so good stuff happen. Normal life. We need to pay attention to what is being done to us or even more important is what we do to ourselves by the bad life decisions we have made. " I sound like my dad"

Last edited:
I know some here will be pissed about this but I have to be honest. Frankly other than certain results, 2020 was an excellent year for me in many ways. Probably the biggest let down was the cancellation of my youngest daughter's wedding party. But she got married and the wedding ceremony was beautiful. My large investments during the March-April time frame really paid off. Amsoil sales, new record every month. Sick Bike Parts had a just ok year 2019 (down from 2018), but 2020, especially March on, banner sales year. I finished the complete kitchen remodel and completely gutted and redid one bathroom and regrouted the tile in the master. House exterior fully painted, most of downstairs, stair and hall areas repainted. I retired. My life if re-newed. Took many hikes, some quite long. Stopped watching a lot of sports on TV.
Looks like a beautiful ceremony and sounds like you have much to (rightfully) be proud of.

Similar to Pablo, 2020 was pretty good for me as well. My son turned one in July. Thanks to working from home since March, I’ve been able to spend way more time with him than I would had I been commuting into the office everyday. I’m not looking forward to returning to the office. I bought a new home in March and found a renter for my old house who is taking really good care of the place.

I know some here will be pissed about this but I have to be honest. Frankly other than certain results, 2020 was an excellent year for me in many ways. Probably the biggest let down was the cancellation of my youngest daughter's wedding party. But she got married and the wedding ceremony was beautiful. My large investments during the March-April time frame really paid off. Amsoil sales, new record every month. Sick Bike Parts had a just ok year 2019 (down from 2018), but 2020, especially March on, banner sales year. I finished the complete kitchen remodel and completely gutted and redid one bathroom and regrouted the tile in the master. House exterior fully painted, most of downstairs, stair and hall areas repainted. I retired from my "real job". My life if re-newed. Took many hikes, some quite long. Stopped watching a lot of sports on TV.

mar-1.jpg

Anyone who is pissed life went well for you in 2020 has more serious issues to contend with. Congrats to you and your family. Something I've always taught my kids when the began sports; You don't get ahead by bringing others down. You have to elevate your game!

Sorry... I just don't see it happening. I don't see (at least) the first half of 2021 being much different at all.
We are not out of the woods yet. I see 2021 looking very similar In terms of things not returning to normal. I think 2022 may be the time where things start to get somewhere near normal. I know people are chomping at the bit to take vacations because of all the stress. Look at what you have and be thankful that things will get better. Slow and steady wins the race.

If you're the type of person that cannot be patient then of course You're not going to like more of what is currently happening. Buckle up!

2020 has been a decent year for me too, cant complain. But there are so many Elephants in the room that no one is paying attention to it makes it impossible to be truly optimistic and its not not all about the current unspeakable issue. I will leave it at that, folks know exactly what I mean.

We have been blessed this 2020. Wife and I both work in “critical” industries and have actually made more money with more time at home. School for our teen has been the biggest let down. America failed big time with the online classes. I hope that is fixed in 2021.

Yes.

Back