Good product to polish aluminum toolbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently bought a new pick-up, and kept the ten yo ''Weatherguard'' toolbox from the previous truck. I'd like to spiff it up a bit to go on the new truck and I am not sure what to use to polish the aluminum box. I do not have a buffer, I need something that works well by hand application. Anybody found a product that works well? The toolbox is not raggedy, just the usual amount of oxidation dulling after 10 nears. [ Weatherguards are too expensive to buy a shiny new one ]

I had thought about ''Flitz'' and they sell a ''cone'' buffer to use in a cordless drill. Googling this, many advise using sugar-free ''Kool-aid'' made into a paste, it appears that a lot of Fire Stations do this-- now they sho'nuff got some diamond plate to polish...
I priced a new ''Weatherguard'' this morning---$1,000---this sucker WILL get polished! Someone told me that ''Lowe's'' sells a product called ''Diamondbrite'' that works well, perhaps I will look into this and some of the cones to install into a cordless drill. Gotta get'er done.....

Does anyone know if the Flitz ''Powerball'' comes with the arbor to install into drill, or is it just the pad for your existing arbor. The pics that I see on sites do not distinguish...Although, I do not see the arbor listed separately..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back