Good prices at (believe it or not) Home Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never before bought oil at Home Depot, but I passed their little section today and noticed their prices are pretty good. 5 quart jugs of Pennzoil Platinum for $25.xx, gallon of Rotella T6 for $21.xx, M1 quarts for $5.9x each.

Not much selection and no jugs of Mobil products were the biggest downsides.

I have yet to find motor oil in my local Home Depot. They must have hidden it quite well, like everything else that I go in there to look at.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Did you check dates? Thought the 5 qt jug was a Walmart exclusive. Did the jug look like Walmart's?

Jug looked like the ones at parts stores (new-as-of-the-past-year yellow bottle for PP).

Yeah, the Home Depot by me has decent-ish prices. Not quite as good as Walmart, but way better than Autozone or O'Reilly.
confused.gif

Last summer I bought 5 jugs of Shell 5W-30 dino oil at Home Depot , for around $ 10 a jug .

Best I remember it was in the same area as the lawn tractor parts .

Last edited:
Walmart has the Pennzoil Platinum for like $22.xx, even the Euro one is the same price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Last summer I bought 5 jugs of Shell 5W-30 dino oil at Home Depot , for around $ 10 a jug .

Best I remember it was in the same area as the lawn tractor parts .

I made several trips and bought jugs of Shell. Still have several waiting to be used. When they put it on sale again I'll be stocking up.

I find its usually in the back corner hidden away near the entrance to the outdoors part.
They got formula shell for $13.27 / 5 qt jug
and QSGB for $14.47 / 5 qt jug

Not bad everyday prices and occasionally they put out Formula Shell on sale for around $9 ish
Last time they did that we ran FS in my dads F150 for 2 oil changes. Nothing unusual to report here.
I'm looking forward to getting more when its on sale

At ours, the oil is up front next to the "commercial accounts" area. (behind the trailer lights & hitch balls)

Mowers, trimmers, Lawn and garden oil is at the complete opposite end of the store, by the garden area.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Did you check dates? Thought the 5 qt jug was a Walmart exclusive. Did the jug look like Walmart's?

5 quart hugs are no longer Walmart exclusives like they used to be. Everybody sells them now. I do remember when they were,and they always said "Recycle your used oil at Walmart" and had the Walmart logo on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back