Good PepBoys Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit upset today when I realized the slips I had for the bulk oil purchases I made at PepBoys from last year( 2 slips - 3 OC's worth of RP and RP Filters )were gone? I have gone nuts tooday trying to find them but they are just no where to be found. I think the dog ate them( I am dead serious no laughing ).

I keep the oil in my computer room/office in some oil cases on the floor. When I use the oil up I remove the slip and attach it to the work order it goes with. The slips ALWAYS stay in the boxes until I use the oil and then they get stapled to the work order so they don't get lost. The only thing I can think of is my Lab, Sadie, decided she wanted a snack. She will trash anything she can get a hold of and likes paper. Little paint in the butt.
mad.gif

Anyway, on a whim I went to the PepBoys web site to see if they had any kind of sales history under my account as I am a rewards member and always scan my card when I buy stuff( those free $10 GC's are great ). Luckily, seeing as my rewards card swas swiped when the oil sales were made there is a record of the transactions available to me. Gives you everything( date of sale, receipt #, exactly what was purchased, amount paid, etc... ). You have to copy it to print it but it gives you the info you need.

Just thought I would pass this on to any PepBoys Rewards Members. If you lose your receipt but know your card was swiped at purchase you can get that slip info on the PepBoys web site under rewards.

Last edited:
sounds like they saved your bacon so to speak . nice that you had a place to back you up. good info for the members here, thanks for sharing. I have always been a sucker for a lab so i could not be mad at them long lol !

Pep Boys is my go-to place for oil and filters, and almost NOTHING else. For parts, light bulbs, etc. I hit CarQuest (they carry Philips lights instead of Sylvania junk) or NAPA. I've only rarely found that the few cents less per jug MalWart charges for oil makes it worth the hassle of going there vs. my neighborhood Pep Boys.

Even just buying oil there, I make good use of that Rewards program!

Originally Posted By: matrass
sounds like they saved your bacon so to speak . nice that you had a place to back you up. good info for the members here, thanks for sharing. I have always been a sucker for a lab so i could not be mad at them long lol !

When I asked her if she ate my slips she just said "who me?" and then laughed...

IMG_1093.jpg

Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
Their mail home coupons are sometimes great as well!

Mail home coupons and the ones they have online. Pretty much the only time I go to PepBoys is when they have oil(RP) on sale like 440 said but if I have a coupon like the recent $25 off $100 I will get other stuff. My go to place for things other than oil is AAP.

Last edited:
44-If you're only saving "cents" at WalMart vs Pep Boys then something is wrong with your local WM!! Pep Boys here is MUCH higher on all oils/filters vs our local WalMarts...

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: matrass

When I asked her if she ate my slips she just said "who me?" and then laughed...

IMG_1093.jpg

come on with that innocent face how could she be involved lol ! thanks for the pic, good looking dog you have there. she sure looks to be smiling in that pic .

Last edited:
Hello, I have to agree with racin4ds, PEP BOYS is rarely a bargain. They opened one steps from where I live and they had 2 opening sales which were good; a "soft" opening and a "Grand Opening". Cleaners, oils, filters etc. were offered in packages which were great. Nothing much since. Being a rewards member I got one or two $5 per quart Mobil1 offers but that has been it. They don't even have Mobil1 0W-40 in jugs. Kira

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
44-If you're only saving "cents" at WalMart vs Pep Boys then something is wrong with your local WM!! Pep Boys here is MUCH higher on all oils/filters vs our local WalMarts...

Just to be clear- go back and re-read my post. I think PB is worthless, EXCEPT when shopping for oils and filters. And I admit its not the best dollar/quart most of the time... but I still prefer it.

I totaly agree there's something wrong with my local WM's (all of them). Consistently empty shelves where oil I want is supposed to be stocked, limited choices of filter brand, only marginally better prices than PB, fight through traffic to get to the WM, fight through the parking lot to find a parking space (and get door dings anyway), fight through the 'people of WalMart' to get checked out... Feh. Its a lot like the old saying, 'you don't order shrimp at the waffle house.' When it comes to car care, MalWart is the Waffle House.

My local Pep Boys is easy in/easy out, and the price difference really is cents per quart most of the time. They always have the oil I want (except M1 0w40, and they have that 90% of the time), always have several choices of filter (RP, M1, Fram Ultra, Purolator Synthetic, among others). For all that, I'll pay more. Maybe not a dollar a quart more, but I've rarely seen that much difference. My time is worth quite a bit, and as I've said many times, even several dollars/quart is a fraction of a percent of the total cost of owning any vehicle unless it burns more oil than gasoline. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back