Good oil to use in my 2012 328i 2.0L DI turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this new MB badging is a bit of a stretch. Alas, it's all a marketing game. Don't expect it to make any sense.
smile.gif

I had enough oil tossed in by the dealer when I bought the car to do an intermediate change. The BMW oil here was quoted to me in the $7 range.

If I were in your shoes, I would change only the oil @ 6 months with Mobil 1 0-40 from Walmart. I was going to do an intermediate change back in November, but had to take it to the shop for collision repair. Since the key read didn't show the May oil change, they changed my oil for free. If I can't swing the "annual" oil change in May, I will use the BMW free oil and then move to the Mobil 1 plan in future years.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
I had enough oil tossed in by the dealer when I bought the car to do an intermediate change. The BMW oil here was quoted to me in the $7 range.

If I were in your shoes, I would change only the oil @ 6 months with Mobil 1 0-40 from Walmart. I was going to do an intermediate change back in November, but had to take it to the shop for collision repair. Since the key read didn't show the May oil change, they changed my oil for free. If I can't swing the "annual" oil change in May, I will use the BMW free oil and then move to the Mobil 1 plan in future years.

I wanted to try the PU in it but low and behold I found a 5qt jug of M1 0-40 euro in my garage last night... Guess that's what I'll be using! my Merc ran just fine on it so I'll stick with it this time because it's already been paid for. Just need to find a single quart for a decent price to make up the difference in volume (I think it takes right about 6 quarts).

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
5.3 quarts, according to amsoil's website.

I've seen tons of different answers from 5 to 7 quarts. I finally got around to asking the local dealer and they said 5.75... Not sure who to believe so I'm going to use the built in meter to see if I've got it filled properly once I do the oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back