Good news for '05!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went by AZ and they had '05 bottles on the shelf so I just had to open one up and take a peak. Same look, smell and taste as the 04 batch that I stocked up on. I didn't buy any, but what a sigh of relief!
fruit.gif

Can you confrim that said substance is green and smells like the fruit of the gümmi bär tree and when tasted brings a sense of warmth and well being to the taster? Although I was prepared to "Go Gold," if this is so ----->
fruit.gif

I was just joking about the taste (I shouldn't have to say that), but the green color and the smell were identical to 04. I'm guessing Castrol used some USA made stuff until the boat got here.

I just got back from "the zone" and I was on a manhunt to see if they had The Green. Started pulling them off the shelves and noticed they were 05...
frown.gif
Kept going just to be sure and as all hope was almost lost...TA-DAA...bottles upon bottles of 04 appeared before me. I took the last 10 qt's of 04, the rest was 05 which I promptly returned to stock. Unfortunately, I didn't open the 05 to check it's color
dunno.gif
Can't wait till my next OCI to pour in The Green
fruit.gif

But, if the 05 is as good, then I might go back and promptly relieve the zone of their GC
lol.gif

for what its worth, i opened up an 05 batch and poured some into the oil cap. it looked just like the pictures i have seen online of green german castrol.

now, im not a gc user but i was curious so this is why i checked. i kind of read this gc forum like an obsedded gc user, yet i dont use the oil.
this 05 stuff is NOT the colour of a conventional gold oil. this 05 batch is indeed green.

You all are some sick puppies.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Go into a store, open a bottle of oil, smell it, look at it, smile, and put it back on the shelf.

And I would be willing to bet that somewhere, someone has tasted it.

All I can say to a group of you like this is
cheers.gif
. And to the little elves you cherish all I can do is
worshippy.gif

is the '05 stuff made in germany too? lemme know before i get M1 5w-40 for my next interval (or BC 5w-40). my local AZ is out and seems to never get any in as theyve still got the yellow stuff.

The other day at AZ, I held a bottle of '04 GC & a bottle of '05 GC side by side. They both have that "clear" section on the side of the bottle where you can see how much oil is in the bottle........They were NOT the same color.

It is feasible that Castrol may have produced some '05 that is green & some that's not. Who knows?
dunno.gif

I am filled with hope!
grin.gif
I am beginning to believe the Elves have been silent because they refused to get embroiled in a non-issue...what I mean by that is: (1) if indeed Castrol has put out some batches that are gold, the Elves know they did not make it; (2) they knew they were still pumping out the Elixer, and that it would find its way to our shores, so why comment. I would like for those who have seen the 05 version of The Green and those (ww) who have seen a golden '05 vintage to compare batch numbers.

Over here in the UK there are 2 versions of Castrol SLX 0W-30 (aka GC).

'Regular' SLX is green coloured and rated as:

SAE 0W-30 ACEA A3/B3/B4 API SL/CF
MB 229.1 & 229.3
VW 502.00 & 505.00 & 503.01
Approved as BMW Longlife-01 Oil

SLX Longlife II is amber couloured and rated as:

SAE 0W-30
VW 503.00, 506.00 and 506.01

Longlife II is I believe rated ACEA A5/B5 but I'm not absolutely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back