Good neighbor

Had a neighbor a couple doors down come by as I was doing some yardwork today. He had a bag with 5 qts. of oil (3qts Kohler 10w 30 small engine and 2qts. Mobil 1 0w 40 European spec.). Said he was doing some garage spring cleaning and thought I might like to have it since he sees me doing oil changes and such. I thanked him for it and offered to pay, but he declined. I fixed a lawn mower flat tire a couple years ago for him (application of some tire slime I had laying around).
That's what I call a good neighbor. It will go in my 03 Accord next oil change.

Great. I have two mechanics in my neighborhood we help each other out all the time if we need a hand or need to borrow something. One just came over today to borrow my GM oil pressure sending unit socket to use on his truck. He gives me tons of hats each month because his Snap-on guy and other tool guys give them free. Good neighbors are awesome. My friend lives in a neighborhood where he can’t work on his car without the neighbors complaining to the HOA about it. That’s why good neighbors are important luckily mine are and don’t have to worry about the HOA.

Very good neighbor giving you 10W-30 (one of my favorite grades) and also gave you 0W40 Euro which has recently become my other "favorite" but still under research ...

Bad neighbor will give you 5W-20. if that happens, kindly say no thank you, I no longer change oil due to my back pain!

Sadly out of ten homes in my small community, I'm the only one who does his own vehicle maintenance. They are great neighbors, they just have no interest in doing it themselves..

Sadly out of ten homes in my small community, I'm the only one who does his own vehicle maintenance. They are great neighbors, they just have no interest in doing it themselves..
Unfortunately, many millennials have never gotten or don't want to get their hands dirty.

Back