Good Morning Vietnam/USO Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I went and bought "Good Morning Vietnam" on Blu Ray, been a few year since I watched it, I said "what the heck?" and purchased it for 9.99$.

Robin Williams was a genius, man could make anyone laugh. This movie is no exception.

Got me thinking, he was a major USO supporter, going on trips overseas. I know a few people who saw him live in Dubai, Kuwait and Iraq. Starting the shows off with "Good Morning "

To me, anyone who supports the USO is an amazing person, in-and-out. Someone who is risking personal safety going into a warzone to bring morale, laughter, and happiness to men and women in uniform.

Bob Hope was another one whom put others who serve his country over himself into bringing laughter into men and women who serve.

In Kyrgyzstan in June 2013, I had the opportunity to meet pop-artist Ashanti at the AFB there one day before heading to Afghanistan. She did rollover drills on a simulator with me and 2 other privates at the time. Some photos of her trip can be seen Here

I salute and thank those who serve along side of me in all branches, as well as those who work with the USO and any other Morale organization to bring smiles to military faces when theres not much to smile about.

That is all. Place input if you wish.

Thank you for sharing. I do feel sad that Robin Williams felt the way he did when he was so loved. Life is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back