Good lord the AGM batteries are heavy!

more weight = more lead + more starting power + prolly lasts longer if kept properly charged. not a fan of overpriced AGM's if a similar flooded battery fits + battery power shrinks in the cold, again MORE is better IMO!! most people could loose 10 or MORE lbs + be healthier as well while saving $$$ on todays overpriced food!!
There is no need or reason to "over battery" and economy car. The H6 is the same as what's in my Atlas with twice as much electronic stuff and auto stop/start. The H5 I had originally/OE would have likely gone 5 years..I just changed it b/c I was doing 2 of my other cars and was at Costco.

Isn't a lot of that weight because it was an H6 versus an H5? AAP says their Die Hard AGM is 39.6 lbs.

Interesting too because i just dropped an H7 in our Cruze, the lead acid was only 2 pounds lighter than the AGM (if you can trust the WM site).
The H5 AGM is 40 pounds.

Just lettin' you know. If the back wheels ain't off the ground, the battery ain't 2 heavy.
Like on my bicycles, every oz counts my friend. No reason to slug around 10 extra pounds up front.

I thought you weren't supposed to put AGM where a traditional lead acid was before, unless you also tell the vehicle you're doing that?
I had to replace a fuse in my Tundra that allows another 0.5v of charging when I switched out to an AGM. Super easy to do although with CV-19 it was not easy to get ahold of one which I eventually found in Australia. You can also hook it up to a charger that can handle AGMs ever now and then too to top it off.

You guys are not paying attention as why he did it. He tracks car!!!
His front already understeers a lot. 10-12lbs in FWD based vehicle can make a difference in feel.
Not as much as going stiffer bushings in front.

I use the 1/2 battery - as seen in honda. It wrks about 8 yrs in any car I put it in. Course
I dont have all the 'extras' in the vehicles either (stuff that needs a super battery AND 150 amp alternator).

Picked up an Interstate H6 AGM battery for my Sportwagen back in February. My car came with an H5. Swapped it out for another H5 Die Hard from Advance today to drop some weight up front...my car is v. basic and has no reason for the AGM monster. H6 AGM = 44.6 pounds....H5 lead acid = 35.5. Almost 10 pounds saved! I'll just sell the Interestate off.

Ya gotta quit being panzy and lift heavier stuff more often man....

:LOL:

Just messing with you man.

Seriously a group 24f flooded East Penn battery aka 624fmf battery weighs 41 pounds... While a Northstar TPPL AGM group 24f weighs on at.... 58 pounds...

Even a group 35 Northstar TPPL AGM weighs 48 pounds.... Let that sink in... That's heavy for that small a battery size.

Like on my bicycles, every oz counts my friend. No reason to slug around 10 extra pounds up front.
Lol. Know how it is. I used to ride a Dura Ace bike. The deep cycle AGM battery, in my boat, is 17 years old. I put it on the AGM charger after use. Ymmv

I thought you weren't supposed to put AGM where a traditional lead acid was before, unless you also tell the vehicle you're doing that?
An AGM battery can be used in place of a traditional flooded battery in almost every case. The general advantage is longer life, never having to add water, and it presumably, has less risk of leaking. Many car makers are providing them as OEM standard due to higher demands put on the battery with so many power robbing accessories and start/stop engine features.

The crash broke my battery tray, but the AGM battery was just fine.

+1 on taking bumps 'n bangs

d3aebc52-b7e5-4b29-bcb8-8c854865a47a_da9f61e8-ded9-492a-9071-fd34d1774be7.jpg

WoW, dat beautiful lill car smashed. (love just bout anything Italian)

We got a Camry & Silverado late fall totaled by insur but we 'put back' with new suspension pieces, lighting, bumper covers'n in some cases a wheel, door, hood, a tree chained to something w/a properly rapid "back up". The camry didn't even need the alignment shop. The truck seemed a perfect center hit but 'downward' (steel bumper took most of it) so a wk or 2 will tell if it needs alignment).

Biggest hassle? Dealing w/the bureaucracies (Commonwealth's inspec, regit, private insur). Glad we hada trailer. Hada take the camry to state police 30 mi away (only two in state will do it) for paper processing & inspection. (Oh, & finding prts that did not need paint - correct colors). One, the owner bought back from insur co. Other we bought for income thru labor. Think about it. Used car prices (replacement) R pretty hi right now (altho falling...

Back