Good forum, bad forum

TDIClub was good back in the day, but it’s pretty dead now.

ToyotaNation was pretty crummy.

TheSamba is good for old school VWs. Lots of resources and good to search for old posts.

CherokeeForum is ok-ish.

TDIClub was good back in the day, but it’s pretty dead now.
Which one?

Which one?
Maybe the one called "tdiclub?"

Tacoma World is an EXCELLENT Forum

I pucker up when I think I may have to search for a CRV forum.

The WRX forum was great, the subie forum was terrible. No need now, this was based on 2014-2018

Agree on the Ody forum. Good one.

Last edited:
Saabnet and Saturnfans were both great, at least when I owned those cars. Saabnet especially.

GSTwins was a site for the Suzuki GS500 motorcycle, I owned one of those for years. Great site, there was this thing with a traveling valve adjustment kit that I've never seen anything else like.

The Honda forums are only OK. Feel like it's a slog to find what you need on those. Odyclub is probably the best of them.

jeff

Swedespeed is fairly good. Lot of noise and useless posts from those in love with posting. Some really good technical information here and there.

Benzworld is good, much better traffic and information than MBWorld, at least in the W220 and R230 subs.

Tundras.com - complete waste of time. Internet braggadocio, machismo, and ugly poster behavior (rude, insulting, etc.) with little technical merit. I lost my log in and haven’t been back in years. Utterly worthless
For the E class, MBworld.org is much better, it's a little dead over at Benzworld. It's great that there's a forum member called Konigstiger who is active on both forums, has very good advice, but doesn't talk much, think he works at a dealership.

Taurusclub.com used to be good, but I haven't had a Taurus in years so haven't been on there in a long while.

Reactions: GON
The very first car forum I ever joined was 3si.org (Mitsubishi 3000GT forum). That's where I found BITOG. Years before that I was on a few 60s rock music discussion forums that were discussed via email only. There were no forums boards like there is here. I was a mod on a 60s sunshine pop music forum, and the forum owner just got tired of running it, and I didn't have the time to take that on, so it eventually went away and disappeared.

Last edited:
vwvortex and mazdaspeedforums

two of the worst sites to ever inhabit the world wide web
I once answered a poll the wrong way there and a guy wanted to go to war with me over it. Crazy.

One thing about forums: Almost all of them were much, much busier ten or fifteen years ago. I could make a list as long as my arm of good forums that are now just a shell of their former selves. I recently joined NASIOC and even as a newcomer there it is obvious current traffic is just a trickle but I can search old threads and find countless posts and other threads.

I've found that NASIOC, Grassrootsmotorsports, and Corvetteforum are generally great forums because of a lot of track guys.

I used to be in an evo forum called evoxforum that was also great, with many tuners starting to find the Evo X limits during the time when I was in. Unfortunately the fall of the forum came when a sponsor screwed over a customer, who then took it to the forums and the community split pretty hard after that.

I have been on VWVortex as long as I been here. When Jamie sold it, it went down hill. Subaruoutback.org was a great place when I owned my Gen 5 Outback. I mostly find diy help from youtube these days.

Hyundai forums. Ok people, little to no tech knowledge except for a couple people. But if you want to know what size wheel fits your car, or what kind of lights or spoiler, your in luck.
The kia forums are the same. Had one poster that could figure out how to open the trunk with the valet key in the smart fob. 99% of the questions asked can be answered by opening and readin the owners manual. When I bought my 2016 Kia in 2020 the owners manual was still in plastic

I used to have a Ford Contour. Contour.org is still around but it looks like it gets a lot less traffic these days.

One thing about forums: Almost all of them were much, much busier ten or fifteen years ago.
Fallout from the younger generations no longer growing up and looking forward to driving? I’ve never understood that trend; I’m starting to wonder if the generations that looked forward to, and enjoyed, driving were the aberration instead.

The Chrysler Minivan Fan club (chryslerminivan.net) is outstanding for help. I've been on it since 2004 and have watched it mature and grow. Wranglerforum is outstanding for Jeep help. VWBeetleforum has been really good as well. I'm on the fence with ToyotaNation, but its more positive than negative.

MOST people are very helpful with very little negativity.

Last edited:
The forums I'm currently on, Malibu, Terrain/Equinox ones have a few ''in tune'' members. Same with some MC and snowmobile forums. GM trucks are weak across the board.
BITOG has by far the savviest wrench qualified members in my years of reading these forums.
But all of them have the drive by posters looking for the push this button fixes or I'll never buy a XXX again.

Tacomaworld is potentially one of the best on the Internet. Huge amount of detailed technical resources and long time posters with a wealth of information, and since Tacoma’s have been the same for 20 years :) the Information moves between generations easily.

I used to be a member of JKFORUM, it was a great forum with vast amounts of information, pics, and videos.

Back