good deals on car batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I am heading to CO for winter and Its going to be very cold, I want to get a new battery. The battery is very capable in Southern California, however it might not work when its below freezing.

I have a couple of months, were should I be looking for battery deals? I am not too concern about top notch or anything, just want good value for my money.

35 / 35S is what I need
thanks

The current Advance Auto code is expiring at the end of today. Save $50 off 125 making a 125 battery 75..

Code is MISSUL43

A new code should be out eventually. Check here.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3300893/8

AutoCraft Gold Battery, Group Size 35, 640 CCA is $131.99 before tax, savings and core which will make it approximately $82 plus tax after you get your core refund. 3 years full replacement warranty, unbeatable price.

Check Walmart. There are stores everywhere should you have an issue later.There is a good turn around so you should get a fresh one. Auto parts stores will give you the oldest, dust covered battery they have in your model.

I seem to find the best deals at Sam's Club. They sell East Penn Manufacturing produced, Duracell labeled batteries.

The only drawback is that their selection is usually limited to the most common sizes and also you have to be a member.

I recently replaced the battery in my BMW 323i and their price was $40 less than the next closest priced retailer (AutoZone).

They don't have AAs in California, unless the Carquest thing has gone through, but they do have them in Colorado! I'd just get the battery when you're out there.

If you're in "Sunny California" you might get a new battery tuned for the south, anyway, with thicker plates but less CCA.

AAs coupons renew perpetually, and they had 50 off 100 last Black Friday.

If you are a COSTCO member, you should be able to grab an Interstate brand battery made by Johnson Controls Industries for a great price. Plenty of COSTCO locations in Cali. and they have a great warranty & return policy.

Originally Posted By: Nukeman7

If you are a COSTCO member, you should be able to grab an Interstate brand battery made by Johnson Controls Industries for a great price. Plenty of COSTCO locations in Cali. and they have a great warranty & return policy.

+1 ^^^^

Call an Interstate distributor and ask if they have a "blem". Cosmetic defect, return, etc. Got one for $40 plus tax two years ago, 6 month guarantee. Changed it on their lot , core charge was high $15-$18. Tested the battery recently good for a third year.

Last edited:
See this thread in the sales, rebates and promotions forum:

AC delco group size 78 AGM battery for $106 online

Other sizes available, I bought one for my Dodge truck. Negative is long shipping lead times. I have not received mine yet.

In the south your battery will be a 35S, in the northern states it will be a 35N. Two different batteries for two different climates.

At this time, it would be hard to beat Advance Auto parts order online with coupon code.

The Wal-Mart Maxx battery is another affordable option. Just make sure and get a battery with a 3 year warranty. Most batteries no longer come with a prorate, just a 2 or 3 year warranty. FYI, I take my batteries back right before the warranty is up (even if it start the car fine) and they replace it with a new one 90% of the time.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Originally Posted By: Nukeman7

+1 ^^^^

+2

The Walmart MAXX three year battery at $108 is hard to beat. I noticed last week than many of their batteries had a September or October build date so their batteries are always fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back