Good deal ?? GM Dealer FULL synthetic oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
What is wrong with syn blend?

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Uuuuummmmm it's not full synthetic? Just a shot in the dark!

Originally Posted By: CT8
What is wrong with syn blend?

Nothing, It's just the Service advisor said that they no longer carry AC/Delco syn-blend oil and now only carry FULL synthetic made by Mobil

Even if it was syn-blend still a awesome deal @ $17. But when he said it was FULL synthetic mobil oil for $17 then that changed the whole game lol

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Tahoe4Life
My GM dealer charges A LOT more then that. Had no idea Mobil supplied that oil.

Same here, average FULL syn oil change is around $50. So I was SHOCKED when he said it was FULL syn supplied by Mobil

Can anyone verify that Mobil is the supplier for GM dealers in those bulk drums ???

Dave

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
For that kind of coin, I'd let them do it.
I could barely do this more cheaply myself.
Of course there will be some upsell attempts and the dealer's service manager is also hoping that you'll be back for some work that has a little margin to it, but you can always just say no.
Thing is, what's your time worth?
You already have a guy who will change your oil while you work at your desk.
You'll spend time driving to this dealer and then spend time waiting for the job to get done.
Of course, you could always send your hired hand over there with the vehicle when he isn't busy and give the shop a credit card number over the phone.

ya no upsales for this guy lol

And my guy works out of his shop and its 30 miles from me, So its free labor, but only worth when im already there for something else, But for next few weeks, He's out of tow. So either I do it myself or have the dealer do it. And it being 90 degrees already here in OK. Looks like dealer will be getting my $15 very soon lol

Dealer is only 5 miles from my home and said it'll only take around 45 minutes or so to do the oil change/courtesy inspection

Dave

Last edited:
Go for it Dave.... Your like me at times... Like a ram on the side of a mountain... You are more than willing to say no to nonsense
unnecessary work they might suggest and you will rear up and hammer 'em if need be
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Go for it Dave.... Your like me at times... Like a ram on the side of a mountain... You are more than willing to say no to nonsense
unnecessary work they might suggest and you will rear up and hammer 'em if need be
lol.gif

lol ha ha
laugh.gif

Well like I mentioned before I'm in the auto business and use to work for a GM dealer before so I know the "Game" !!

And honestly it would be waste of their time since my Suburban is 17 years old and pretty worn out (Auto parts hauler) with 250K miles they should know I won't be spending $1000 for brake service .

But if they try any [censored] on me, The "Chicago Al Capone" will come out of me and then it's NO MERCY to these OKIES lol !!

Dave

Originally Posted By: GMguy84

But if they try any [censored] on me, The "Chicago Al Capone" will come out of me and then it's NO MERCY to these OKIES lol !!
Dave

Just mention that you're from Chicago and that you're thinking about "playing them a little tune on your fiddle" and the upsell attempt will end!!
;^)

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: GMguy84

Dave

Just mention that you're from Chicago and that you're thinking about "playing them a little tune on your fiddle" and the upsell attempt will end!!
;^)

Ya I will if it comes to that point. Funny thing is anytime in Oklahoma, I mention that i'm from Chicago I get the worst looks or nasty ignorant comments

Can't wait to leave this state in a few months
smirk.gif
Had enough of it

Dave

My Chevy dealer has oil change using dex1 gen2 with tire rotation for a reduced price. Time before last they tried to upsell fuel injector cleaner. I said since that service is based your profit requirements and not any vehicle requirements, no thanks. Last time they told me I needed a dexcool flush and replace (valid) and transmission fluid without filter change. I just told them no thanks, i would do it myself, at the factory recommended interval, and the correct way with filter exchange with the transmission.
I don't get mad, I just tell them no thanks. The Las Vegas business model everywhere is to charge a vehicle owner at least $600 every time they bring a car in for any service. It isn't my model, and since I control the purse strings I decide.

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
My Chevy dealer has oil change using dex1 gen2 with tire rotation for a reduced price. Time before last they tried to upsell fuel injector cleaner. I said since that service is based your profit requirements and not any vehicle requirements, no thanks. Last time they told me I needed a dexcool flush and replace (valid) and transmission fluid without filter change. I just told them no thanks, i would do it myself, at the factory recommended interval, and the correct way with filter exchange with the transmission.
I don't get mad, I just tell them no thanks. The Las Vegas business model everywhere is to charge a vehicle owner at least $600 every time they bring a car in for any service. It isn't my model, and since I control the purse strings I decide.

Yes well said !! that's the way to handle stealerships !!!
11.gif

Dave

Well it was very tempting but decided no on this deal......

But it's already in 90's in Oklahoma and i'm itching to use my "Free stash" of M1 high mileage 10w40 for next few HOT summer months and I have over 30 qts of Delo XLE 400 10W30 I picked up at WM on clearance now collecting dust lol

Thanks all for your 2 cents !!!

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back