Good bye Vista!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought a Dell Inspiron 531 in November of 07 and it came with Vista. Which was alright but it seemed a little sluggish with some games and apps I ran. I could not get FSX to run smoothly at all. So the other day I said screw it! I asked my girlfriend for her XP cd. Booted off the CD deleted the whole hard drive, formatted and installed! Went beautifully minus a few bugs. XP wouldn't recognize the network card, usb, sound or video drivers. So I just went to Dell.com and downloaded the XP version of those drivers and burned them on a dvd and installed them on the desktop. Best "upgrade" I've ever done. The computer is so so so much faster and FSX is silky smooth with all the settings turned up.

Quote:

Went beautifully minus a few bugs. XP wouldn't recognize the network card, usb, sound or video drivers.

Wow, sounds like the complaints against linux (7 years ago)

Download Windows 7..It is free for a trial period..until next year. You can buy as an introductory offer the next two weeks for only $50, through Microsoft, Best Buy, Amazon, possibly others. It won't be shipped until October but $50 is a deal IMO.

Windows 7 has all the bells and whistles, but does not bog down the computer. Free test version has been flawless.

You've been using Windows® 7 for a while now, and we hope you've been enjoying a simpler PC experience. Because you've been a loyal Windows customer, we're offering you the Windows 7 upgrade at a great introductory price* - only $49.99 for Home Premium or $99.99 for Professional. It's our way of saying thanks for trying it out. To take advantage of this deal, pre-order your copy while supplies last.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/pre-order-email.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back