Good books to read

Good evening folks. I have read most of my books I have at home. Anyone have any suggestions for new or old books I should lol into reading. I even read a few Earnest Hemingway books.
Thank You in advance

"Fate is the Hunter" by Ernest K Gann. Interesting stories of his life as an airline pilot from the 30's through WW2 and into the 50's. I mentioned it to my future {current} wife, and she found a copy even though it was out of print at the time, and had it leather bound and monogrammed for her present to me on our wedding. Best gift ever.

"Fate is the Hunter" by Ernest K Gann. Interesting stories of his life as an airline pilot from the 30's through WW2 and into the 50's. I mentioned it to my future {current} wife, and she found a copy even though it was out of print at the time, and had it leather bound and monogrammed for her present to me on our wedding. Best gift ever.

I will look into this sir. Thank You 🇺🇸👍

I don't know if you get into fiction, but the Chronicles of Narnia series was pretty good. Each individual book isn't 500 pages, so that was nice. There is another shorter novel by Oscar Wilde, Picture of Dorian Grey. It was good literature, kind of philosophical reflection on human nature. Sherlock Holmes stories were my introduction to detective fiction. If you want something longer, you could try Raymond Chandler & Dashiel Hammet, who wrote stories that a lot of those old 1940s detective movies featuring Bogart were based on. If you are into racier detective stories, the James Bond series of novels by Ian Fleming was pretty good, Diamonds are Forever is probably my fav of his novels. If you are into politics, you might enjoy 1984.

After years of insisting that I didn't like reading ebooks, I bought a Kindle Fire tablet and have read several on it. At some point in the next year it will have paid for itself--archive.org has an ebook lending library that only requires a login, no paid subscription at all, usually give you 14 days to finish an ebook.

Good evening folks. I have read most of my books I have at home. Anyone have any suggestions for new or old books I should lol into reading. I even read a few Earnest Hemingway books.
Thank You in advance
53, this is an excellent book to read. You think he's just a singer? You will be surprised. ;)(y)

"These Truths" Jill Lepore
"Blind Man's Bluff" Sontag & Drew
"Candy Bombers" Andrei Cherny
"Shadow Divers" Robert Kurson
"The Doomsday Machine" Daniel Ellsberg
"The Gulag Archipelago" Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
"12 Rules for Life" Jordan Peterson
"Fearless" Eric Blehm
"The Killing Zone" Frederick Downs
"If Then" Jill Lepore
"Into Thin Air" Jon Krakauer
"The Man Who Knew the Way to the Moon" Todd Zwillich
"The Radium Girls" Kate Moore
"438 Days" Jon Franklin
"Basin and Range" John McPhee
"Atomic Adventures" James Mahaffey
"Atomic Awakening" James Mahaffey
"Atomic Accidents" James Mahaffey
"The Lost City of the Monkey God" Douglas Preston
"18 Miles" Chris Dewdney
"Stuff Matters" Mark Miodownik

All fantastic books and you get to learn something as a bonus

Last edited:
"Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage" by Alfred Lansing (then followed up by "Shackleton's Boat Journey" by Frank Worsley)
"The Man-eaters of Tsavo" by John Henry Patterson

Those are the two at the top of my list and you will find quite the cult following for anything Shackleton.

53, this is an excellent book to read. You think he's just a singer? You will be surprised. ;)(y)

Thank You blue. I’ll look into that as I love Iron Maiden

What are some of your “more liked” books that you have read and what interests you?

Besides oil.

It would help if I knew your preferred genre... Fiction? Science? History? Biography? Current Events?

Shinano!: The Sinking of Japan's Secret Supership

The world first supercarrier, 70,000 tons, is sunk. And the US Navy does not believe he sank a ship that did not exist...

Back