Good "Black Friday" Firearms Deals

1669037541161.jpg
These are not good firearms. :ROFLMAO:

The reviews differ.
I don't do business with shady companies that have a reputation for horrific quality control. I've seen a bunch of guys buy junk and then actually try to run it hard. It breaks. They come to a course and "It works fine!" turns into "My gas key has left the chat". I've seen muzzle brakes fly downrange. I've seen optics fall off/loosen up so bad 2/3 IPSC steel at 50m was safe from the shooter. I've watched fancy guns that had tuned gas systems slow down and fail in the first training day. I just recommend everyone buy quality gear if it's a serious item, and a firearm is one such item. It may save your life one day.

Never had a problem with the few I've had. The 16" 12.7x42 shoots like a laser at 100 yards.
I also have a Geiselle SD upper and lower that may have been machined in a high school shop class.
It is very sloppy fitting and rattles.
I've seen much the same with many high dollar AR's. Price doesn't guarantee quality in the AR field. Especially when you take into consideration the bulk of the parts come from just a few manufacturers. On the other hand, I've seen many lower cost brands that run exceptionally well.

I've seen much the same with many high dollar AR's. Price doesn't guarantee quality in the AR field. Especially when you take into consideration the bulk of the parts come from just a few manufacturers. On the other hand, I've seen many lower cost brands that run exceptionally well.
Price doesn't guarantee quality, no, but Bear Creek is known to be terrible. I am sure somewhere out there someone has one that legit is awesome. Every now and then tolerance stacking works in your favor, lol.

Bear Creek just isn't the kind of outfit I trust to build quality kit.

Price doesn't guarantee quality, no, but Bear Creek is known to be terrible. I am sure somewhere out there someone has one that legit is awesome. Every now and then tolerance stacking works in your favor, lol.

I went through the Henry manufacturing plant in NJ and a lot of the people working ran for the door because I was in uniform (not a cop) but looked like one. Heard "la Migra" as they were running until one of upper management stopped them. Henry boasts of USA made but don't tell you who is making them. I'm sure most weapon companies are the same. I've owned 1 7.62/5.56 rifles from Bear creek and also own 2 12.7x42 rifles and a 22lr from Bear creek and all shoot well. Parroting stuff from a couple of years ago with no personal experience just continues the story. I know a guy that had a couple screws go loose on handguard and the barrel nut was on too tight, that's the experience of problems I've seen with Bear creek. Really the only problem with them I have is the free shipping from them is Fedex and Fedex screws up about 1 in 4 of my deliveries.

And tolerance stacking is what is wrong with my Geisele SD upper and lower, It shoots but is loose and janky for what I paid for it.
There is a reason why Bill Geisele is called "bendy bill"

And tolerance stacking is what is wrong with my Geisele SD upper and lower, It shoots but is loose and janky for what I paid for it.
There is a reason why Bill Geisele is called "bendy bill"
Yes, because of the rails deflecting under pressure and the fact they were adopted via some shady maneuverings. This mainly effects those of us using lasers.

That said, upper and lower fitment is cosmetic, not performance oriented, unless it is extremely grotesque.

I am not personally a Geissele fan. I like DDs stuff, if not necessarily Marty, and I like KAC. Those two are usually solid. I mainly like them both for their barrels. Kac for their actual innovation.

I went through the Henry manufacturing plant in NJ and a lot of the people working ran for the door because I was in uniform (not a cop) but looked like one. Heard "la Migra" as they were running until one of upper management stopped them. Henry boasts of USA made but don't tell you who is making them. I'm sure most weapon companies are the same. I've owned 1 7.62/5.56 rifles from Bear creek and also own 2 12.7x42 rifles and a 22lr from Bear creek and all shoot well. Parroting stuff from a couple of years ago with no personal experience just continues the story. I know a guy that had a couple screws go loose on handguard and the barrel nut was on too tight, that's the experience of problems I've seen with Bear creek. Really the only problem with them I have is the free shipping from them is Fedex and Fedex screws up about 1 in 4 of my deliveries.
If you want it, buy it. Ive no vested interest in the outcome, Im just sharing.

...... I've owned 1 7.62/5.56 rifles from Bear creek and also own 2 12.7x42 rifles and a 22lr from Bear creek and all shoot well. Parroting stuff from a couple of years ago with no personal experience just continues the story.....
That's the problem with most all of this nonsense you hear. "I run my guns HARD!".... "It's not a weapon I would stake my life on!".... Along with all of that other early 2000's regurgitated ARFCOM crap. That was all over most every Internet gun forum back then.

That AR will work just fine for 99.9% of shooters who want to get out to the range and have some fun for an afternoon. Or shoot a few varmints or Coyotes with. Keep it clean and well lubricated, and use good magazines, and there won't be a problem... Certainly no more than with all the other 6,789 brands of AR's that are out there today.

In its present state, the AR-15 rifle has more bastard children, than a West Virginia mining camp. And as I said, most all of the major components like bolts, bolt carriers, barrels, forends and receivers, all come from just a few high volume manufacturers.

And with .223 / 5.56 MM ammo running close to a dollar a round these days, I don't know too many people who can afford to be burning through cases of ammunition at $30.00 a magazine full, by "running their guns hard".

"And with .223 / 5.56 MM ammo running close to a dollar a round these days, I don't know too many people who can afford to be burning through cases of ammunition at $30.00 a magazine full, by "running their guns hard" Z"
A dollar a round? Just go to ammoseek and get some deals on Reddit gundeals and pay even less. Even 12.7x42 is only $1.50 a round on ammoseek. I'm not using an AR15 for home defense unless the SHTF , I've got Glocks for in home stuff.

"And with .223 / 5.56 MM ammo running close to a dollar a round these days, I don't know too many people who can afford to be burning through cases of ammunition at $30.00 a magazine full, by "running their guns hard" Z"
A dollar a round? Just go to ammoseek and get some deals on Reddit gundeals and pay even less. Even 12.7x42 is only $1.50 a round on ammoseek. I'm not using an AR15 for home defense unless the SHTF , I've got Glocks for in home stuff.
Sure, you can find "deals". But today the "deals" are nowhere near what they were just a couple of years ago. And the fact is at today's prices, however "good" one might think they are, the stuff is much too costly to be blasting it away, or bump firing it into hillsides.

And reloading is not much of an option as far as saving any money, with the cost of components going up accordingly..... Assuming you can even find them.

Like it or not, the days of plentiful $325.00 @ case 5.56 MM are over. As is overstocked 9 MM Ball at $8.79 @ box. And those days were not that long ago. Guns can still be had relatively cheap. Because the cost of "groceries" to feed them has gone off the chart...... Regardless of caliber.

Back