Good as M1 FS 5W40?

What do you think about this M Super Formula B?

FS is missing for almost a week. Supply chain problem I guess and happens once in a while. Edge 5W40 is not available as well. OCI is about due and thought Formula B costs about the same price as Shell Helix and it might turn to be better. I'm just in doubt with anything unfamiliar.

Amazon still offers FS in stock but they usually sell old patches. Not something I like too much.

I noticed it has LL-01 just like Helix Ultra.
Never turned my attention to it as it costs a bit more than FS.

I've seen it last night and thought it might be better than Shell Helix. What do you think?

Skyactive 2.3L.

Last edited:
What do you think about this M Super Formula B?

FS is missing for almost a week. Supply chain problem I guess and happens once in a while. Edge 5W40 is not available as well. OCI is about due and thought Formula B costs about the same price as Shell Helix and it might turn to be better. I'm just in doubt with anything unfamiliar.

Amazon still offers FS in stock but they usually sell old patches. Not something I like too much.

I noticed it has LL-01 just like Helix Ultra.
Never turned my attention to it as it costs a bit more than FS.

I've seen it last night and thought it might be better than Shell Helix. What do you think?

Skyactive 2.3L.
might be better than Shell helix ultra 5w-40? No its not. Mobil super are budget oils from ExxonMobil. Go with M1 if you go mobil

might be better than Shell helix ultra 5w-40? No its not.
I compared TDS for both M Super and Shell Helix Ultra, used kinematic viscosity @40 and @100 to calculate M Super's viscosity index using this tool 👇

VI was around 191 compared to 168 in Shell Helix Ultra. That's pretty high. Makes it on the same league as FS formula. Also TDS mentions P @ 0.1%.

I think Mobil did only change the base stocks to Group III , and the drop in pour point to -39 might back this assumption up. Additives package looks similar between both, to the extent of my narrow experience. Just an intuitive conclusion not based on any hard ground knowledge. It's not I'm worried about cold Crank, I'm just using it as reference to judge base stocks.

Maybe some knowledgeable members will clear this up.
Mobil super are budget oils from ExxonMobil. Go with M1 if you go mobil
Actually M Super costs 1.5 $ more than M1 FS. I never understood what makes it pricer. But TDS looks solid.

It has ACEA, BMW, Mercedes, and other high end approvals. So, no problems will ensue. If you have to have gobs of GTL or PAO, then wait. If you want an oil that is completely suitable, go for the M Super.

When I go shopping at WM, I usually make my way back to the oil selection just to see what’s in stock and I’ve noticed that almost all the euro spec oils are gone from the shelves. Tags removed and the only euro is a rollback Mobil 1 FS 0w40 which I assume will be removed once it sells out.

When I go shopping at WM, I usually make my way back to the oil selection just to see what’s in stock and I’ve noticed that almost all the euro spec oils are gone from the shelves. Tags removed and the only euro is a rollback Mobil 1 FS 0w40 which I assume will be removed once it sells out.

The OP is in Egypt, which is a country in Africa. I really doubt there is a Walmart there. If there is a Walmart there and I am wrong, so be it.

I compared TDS for both M Super and Shell Helix Ultra, used kinematic viscosity @40 and @100 to calculate M Super's viscosity index using this tool 👇

VI was around 191 compared to 168 in Shell Helix Ultra. That's pretty high. Makes it on the same league as FS formula. Also TDS mentions P @ 0.1%.

I think Mobil did only change the base stocks to Group III , and the drop in pour point to -39 might back this assumption up. Additives package looks similar between both, to the extent of my narrow experience. Just an intuitive conclusion not based on any hard ground knowledge. It's not I'm worried about cold Crank, I'm just using it as reference to judge base stocks.

Maybe some knowledgeable members will clear this up.

Actually M Super costs 1.5 $ more than M1 FS. I never understood what makes it pricer. But TDS looks solid.
Be careful about using the VI in a finished product as a measurement of any value.

Back