Gonna run Valvoline White Bottle in the Summers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with running syn with the cold winter giving you better protection at startup I also think you benefit a lot from the syn in the heat. So why gamble one for the other? You always said you love Amsoil so why not run it exclusivly and keep the extended drains? While you got a good deal on the VWB, I think you are taking a step backwards. Just me, though.

I could see it in Texas, but not up here... The summers don't get nearly as hot as that far south... I think it would be just fine.

I understand what you are saying though...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ericthepig
On the negative side - you may have fallen into a trap that many BITOGrs have lived to tell about. It's called "stockpile regret". There's the thrill of saving some $$ and making the purchase. But next week someone on BITOG is going to spin a tale of lubricity excellence from brand X, and then the BITOGsphere is going to get it's oil in a foam over brand X, and you're sitting there with 3 yrs worth of brand Y.

I couldn`t agree more,I`m going to use up my stash and get oil as needed.

Originally Posted By: FrankN4
... and the sodium lowered to 470 to give a Sulfated Ash of .80.

470ppm of sodium in Valvoline? I thought Mobil Clean 5000 had a "high" sodium content when it was shown to be in the mid 200's. 470. Wow. That's a lot of antimony.

Valvoline runs 470 sodium in the white bottle conventional. In the Synpower, MaxLife, MaxLife Blend, and VR-1, they run 1910 calcium and 490 sodium. In the Durablend, they run 1910 calcium 490 magnesium.

You may also get viscosity regret. From what I know about valvoline, I'd be sorely tempted to drop Valv. straight 30 in for April thru Sept - they make a mean straight 30 - but your probably sitting there stacking up your 5w30.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I wondered why Valvoline tastes so salty....
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ericthepig
You may also get viscosity regret. From what I know about valvoline, I'd be sorely tempted to drop Valv. straight 30 in for April thru Sept - they make a mean straight 30 - but your probably sitting there stacking up your 5w30.

Too Late! I have 32 jugs now!
grin2.gif
MUHAHAHAHA

How do you know this?

Valvoline runs 470 sodium in the white bottle conventional. In the Synpower, MaxLife, MaxLife Blend, and VR-1, they run 1910 calcium and 490 sodium. In the Durablend, they run 1910 calcium 490 magnesium.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
While I agree with running syn with the cold winter giving you better protection at startup I also think you benefit a lot from the syn in the heat. So why gamble one for the other? You always said you love Amsoil so why not run it exclusivly and keep the extended drains? While you got a good deal on the VWB, I think you are taking a step backwards. Just me, though.

No i agree too, he's hanging around bill too much and on a dino kick with the new sig and posting the pics and all,but do whats best for you bud! hehehe
thumbsup2.gif

StevieC,
Sorry to here you have made this dredful decesion. See what happens when I am gone all day. All kinds of bad stuff happens.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
How do you know this?

Go to the Valvoline web site, click on products. When the choices come up, click on motor oil. When the choices come up, click on whichever oil. When that oil comes up, click on download product data sheet. They also give the zinc, phosphorus, and moly content, if any. They don't have HTHS so I called and they gave me the HTHS of all their oils I was interested in as of the new formulation in January and February of 2009.

Originally Posted By: daman

No i agree too, he's hanging around bill too much and on a dino kick with the new sig and posting the pics and all,but do whats best for you bud! hehehe
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
StevieC,
Sorry to here you have made this dredful decesion. See what happens when I am gone all day. All kinds of bad stuff happens.

I was never a 100% Syn guy... I fully believe in today's Dinos offering excellent protection for more miles than anyone wants.

I'm only using Syn in the Santa Fe because of cold flow properties... All the other vehicles in the house run Dino!

I have torn apart too many engines with my dad that have been run exclusively on dino and they were fine inside except being abused by the owners by over heating, or because of a manufacturing defect or whatever, but never because of oil failure!

I will personally fly y'all to my house for a BBQ and a Kiss-o-death ceremony should my engine in the Santa Fe die because of dino use.
smirk2.gif
You can hold me to that!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: daman

thumbsup2.gif

StevieC,

I was never a 100% Syn guy... I fully believe in today's Dinos offering excellent protection for more miles than anyone wants.

I'm only using Syn in the Santa Fe because of cold flow properties... All the other vehicles in the house run Dino!

I have torn apart too many engines with my dad that have been run exclusively on dino and they were fine inside except being abused by the owners by over heating, or because of a manufacturing defect or whatever, but never because of oil failure!

I will personally fly y'all to my house for a BBQ and a Kiss-o-death ceremony should my engine in the Santa Fe die because of dino use.
smirk2.gif
You can hold me to that!
thumbsup2.gif

I guess I had better start working on getting a pass port soon. I think I'm going to need it.Hah Hope you see the humor in that.

I guess I had better start working on getting a pass port soon. I think I'm going to need it.Hah Hope you see the humor in that.

LOL.gif
I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back