Gold GC UOAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone on the forum acts like they are avoiding it like the plaque
grin.gif

I started a OCI with 5 quarts of the Gold (M050286..) mixed with 2 quarts of green (M04....) about a month ago. iT will still be several months before I get to 5000 miles to compare GC to the last UOA of BMW 5w-30 synthetic.

I am not worried about the color shift. It is still an ACEA A3/B3 and BMW LL01 rated oil.

Now if there was a BLUE motor oil that was rated BMW LL01 I would switch just for the color.

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
everyone on the forum acts like they are avoiding it like the plaque
grin.gif

not everyone...your humble Elfe Meister is not avoiding it at all...I would be using it but there is this little matter of about 190 quarts of the Green to go through to get to my Gold stash

Well, I just swapped 5 qts of 5w-30 for some Gold GC that I will be using for my next oil change (in about 2 months, got to finish my RP run), and in about 6-7 months I will have a 7500 mile UOA to compare with my Green GC 7400 mile use.
Maybe someone else will have one by then, but at least I will be able to compare the two in my engine.

[/QUOTE]not everyone...your humble Elfe Meister is not avoiding it at all...I would be using it but there is this little matter of about 190 quarts of the Green to go through to get to my Gold stash [/QB][/QUOTE]

190 quarts? Elfe Meister by the time your through the green stash. GC will be Orange by then.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:

not everyone...your humble Elfe Meister is not avoiding it at all...I would be using it but there is this little matter of about 190 quarts of the Green to go through to get to my Gold stash [/QUOTE]

190 quarts? Elfe Meister by the time your through the green stash. GC will be Orange by then.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
cheers.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes, isn't it grand?
grin.gif
cheers.gif

Whats the general feel so far for those running the Gold? Does is still quiet down engines/reduce oil consumption etc.? Those are two key indicators IMO, of whether it's using PAO.

buster, one guy reported that gold GC quieted down his engine from his previous run of the green GC. And yet others say just the opposite. I still think it's too soon to say, as the UOA's and comments/comparisons to the green GC are still trickling in.

Hi

I am about a week away (700 miles) of draining Gold GC out of my 3800.

I wanted to do a baseline UOA of 5000 miles so this will be it.

i put gold gc in our '94 ford 4.0l ranger last weekend. with 200k plus miles on the clock, it seems to run much more smoothly compared to the m1 5w30 used the last 2 years. i am saving the green gc stash for the german-made vw passat v6 4mo variant(only 600 miles to the next oc!! can't wait!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back