Gold GC....The verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrigth guys ive been off of these forums for a few months (basketball season) anyway i now have 6 qts of Gold GC in my basement, and im curious as to what has been discovered about this oil, i know the green used to turn out incredible UOA's, but what about the gold, is it as good?

Thanks

What I find ironic about this debate is that, in reality, The Gold is brewed to a higher spec (MB 229.5) so I find it odd that people think it is going to be worse...
dunno.gif

PS I wouldn't be surprised to see that during 06 you will see updated specs on The Gold in areas BESIDES 229.5.

I've had an excellent UOA with GC Gold. I only ran it 1,771 miles but thats because I have a hard time leaving oil in my car.

Doing everything I can to keep this GC Gold in. Almost to 3,000 miles to!

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
What I find ironic about this debate is that, in reality, The Gold is brewed to a higher spec (MB 229.5) so I find it odd that people think it is going to be worse...
dunno.gif

It's just that here on BITOG we know better than to simply trust the specs on the bottle, we need to see UOAs for proof. My gut feeling tells me that The Gold is as good or better than The Green, but until I see my own UOAs as proof, there will always be that tiny bit of doubt in my mind too. It's just human nature.

Hard to say but I would think it's as good. It could be also that in some engines like the LS1, the SL rather than SM GC, might be a better choice due to higher ZDDP.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
dunno.gif

PS I wouldn't be surprised to see that during 06 you will see updated specs on The Gold in areas BESIDES 229.5.

As was mentioned before, i dont trust bottles, but i was also unsure if it was possible for anything to be as good as the green...

I thought ASTM D 1069 testing protocol already addressed this: "All testing of lubricants not yet proved to be the best shall be done in a suitable test vehicle such as the wife's, girlfriend's..."
grin.gif

427, that's the idea. I put GC in my wifes Jeep to see if it was going to be suitable or not for a V8. Guinea pig passed the test. Now I'm waiting to complete ARX treatment to put it in my Land Rover.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
I thought ASTM D 1069 testing protocol already addressed this: "All testing of lubricants not yet proved to be the best shall be done in a suitable test vehicle such as the wife's, girlfriend's..."
grin.gif

lol.gif
worshippy.gif

bruce

quote:

Originally posted by ccdhowell:
427, that's the idea. I put GC in my wifes Jeep to see if it was going to be suitable or not for a V8. Guinea pig passed the test. Now I'm waiting to complete ARX treatment to put it in my Land Rover.

Yeah like putting any new oil in the crankcase is gonna cause the engine to grenade. Guinea pig, give me a break. You all are way too paranoid.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:
It's working fine so far in my wife's GTP!

Nice, use the wife as a Guinea pig!
lol.gif

Scott

My wife is smart enough to tell a difference, and she approved!

I saved the really good stuff for my car.

I probably wouldn't have even bought the Gold GC,but I messed up on the lot numbers. I might run Green in her car or I might not. I'm lovin' the Gold so far.

quote:

Originally posted by Nickdfresh:
I'm new here, and I almost bought GC at Autozone yesterday. This forum is a very bad influence...

Only thirty-four posts to date, and actually did NOT buy GC while in its presence -- you may not yet have crossed the event horizon of the BITOG Black Hole!* Apply maximum warp and pull away as hard as you can. You might yet escape. Be warned -- if you join us in this timeless black (well, greenish black) netherspace, you can never go back. Not light, not smoky exhaust, not even 5w-20 oil can escape the gravitation pull inside this massive unity. Go! Go now before it's too late!!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

* To better visualize this phenomenon, observe recent satellite photos of the Colorado Springs, CO area. If you look closely, you can observe trees, boulders, large SUVs and other detritus inexoribly gravitating inward toward a mysterious location known as "der Schwartzwaldwesten. . ."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back