Gold GC....The verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

quote:

Originally posted by Nickdfresh:
I'm new here, and I almost bought GC at Autozone yesterday. This forum is a very bad influence...

Only thirty-four posts to date, and actually did NOT buy GC while in its presence -- you may not yet have crossed the event horizon of the BITOG Black Hole!*

You've got some will power. I bought my 'first' 8 quarts after 3 posts and reading this forum about 5 times. Now, 24 quarts later......
gr_eek2.gif

Eleven posts and i have 25 quarts of the Green Eixer. I am not ready to go on an Elixer road trip but the thought has crossed my mind.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
What I find ironic about this debate is that, in reality, The Gold is brewed to a higher spec (MB 229.5) so I find it odd that people think it is going to be worse...
dunno.gif

Most likely, the quality of many synthetic oils are one or two steps ahead of current OEM specs. Just the question of right time and money to be qualified. From customers' side, it's quite natural not to trust in something new that's claimed to be superiour because our experience says either the opposite or it may be true to certain extend only.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

quote:

Originally posted by Nickdfresh:
I'm new here, and I almost bought GC at Autozone yesterday. This forum is a very bad influence...

Only thirty-four posts to date, and actually did NOT buy GC while in its presence -- you may not yet have crossed the event horizon of the BITOG Black Hole!* Apply maximum warp and pull away as hard as you can. You might yet escape. Be warned -- if you join us in this timeless black (well, greenish black) netherspace, you can never go back. Not light, not smoky exhaust, not even 5w-20 oil can escape the gravitation pull inside this massive unity. Go! Go now before it's too late!!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

* To better visualize this phenomenon, observe recent satellite photos of the Colorado Springs, CO area. If you look closely, you can observe trees, boulders, large SUVs and other detritus inexoribly gravitating inward toward a mysterious location known as "der Schwartzwaldwesten. . ."

Oh believe me, if I didn't have an older beater I intend on dumping in a year or less, I'd of definitely bought it... But the car runs great, and really doesn't use much oil, I was reminded of how well it runs when i drove my girlfriends Ford Taurus, and fathers old 88' K-Car today. That 3800 is a good engine and almost has this Japanese, Asian-rocket, car lover considering a GM 3800 platform next time I go newer...

Strangely, I want to go back and buy it right now.
frown.gif

What do people think of using this stuff in the summer?

It's great in the summer. Don't be misled by the 0w part of the oil. It is a 12.5 cSt oil, substantially thicker than the typical 30 wt oils (Mobil M1 xw-30s all seem to hover around 10 cSt, for example). Also, its HT/HS vis is up around 3.5, making it a very robust product, easily suitable for year-round use. Review the summer-winter consistency in the UOA section, and you'll start to get an idea of why there's so much raving about this oil.
cheers.gif

quote:

* To better visualize this phenomenon, observe recent satellite photos of the Colorado Springs, CO area. If you look closely, you can observe trees, boulders, large SUVs and other detritus inexoribly gravitating inward toward a mysterious location known as "der Schwartzwaldwesten. . ."

I resemble that remark...

PS You have no idea how devoted you have to be to GC to put up with continually cleaning out trees, boulders, large SUVs and other detritus from the oil sanctuary...now if it would only attract additional (and free) bottles of GC.

I'm tempted to try GC GOLD again to see if what I observed was a one time fluke. Car felt sluggish but it could have been the gas I was using during the short 1k mile interval I ran it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back