going with the green elixer

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by sewerman:

quote:

Originally posted by eddyzima:
my truck is a 2002 and my friends 4.8 is a 2003.

eddy,first off bambam and sewerman are the same person,I'm sewerman at work computer and bambam on my home computer...I don't know how the heck I managed this dual personality but,if someone can let me know how to fix it I would appreciate it...
pat.gif

Now to the matter at hand,I've never had lifter noise in this truck and have used,M1 5w30,M1 0w30,RP 5w30 and Rp 10w30 all no noise whatsoever..Longest OCI is 6k...GC will be in for 6k and then gonna sample....Not to say you don"t know what you are talking about but, could the noise you were hearing be the injectors...I've read where alot of people were confusing the two sounds..Just a thought.....

no, it is deffinetly lifter noise. i have had it to 2 dealerships. it will start to make a racket at idle after the engine is fully warm. if you leave it idle for more than 1 or 2 minutes. like sitting in a drive through. if you put it park and hold it at 1500 rpms it will quiet for about 1 minute, but then resume. gm told me they are trying to come up with a fix for this. and they no its a problem, they said mostly 6.0 engines. i hope they come up with something. i love this truck other than that. no one can tell me why it is so mutch quieter with dino oil than synthetic. ?

quote:

Originally posted by rcy:

So far so good...Noise I experienced is gone after I slid around underneath and found the e brake cable rubbing against a guide..Put a piece of rubber hose on and noise gone..Engine is quiet after @ 150 miles,eally did some riding today...What year trucks had the noisey engines if I may ask.??? [/QUOTE]

See, GC is such wonderful stuff that it can even fix your noisy ebrake. [/QB][/QUOTE]

No stuff too tough for the Green...
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by winter55:
I stopped at my local AutoZone last week, No green German stuff, just plain USA.

How can I get that Green GC, Shall I ask the clerk for special order???

Winter55

winter55,

I would ask the clerk to special order it,
UPN# 0 79191 00068 7. They will probably have to "hand massage it" with the warehouse to ensure you don't get the American brew which, I believe has the same UPN (hopefully they will get rid of all of the American brew soon and it won't be an issue). It might help to tell them you want the Made in Germany stuff that has batch numbers begining with M040 or M041. It is extra work but if they want to please the customer. To meet them half way for their effort I would order at least a couple of cases. Hope you are able to get it.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

I stopped at my local AutoZone last week, No green German stuff, just plain USA.

Winter55

winter55,

I would ask the clerk to special order it, UPN# 0 79191 00068 7. They will probably have to "hand massage it" with the warehouse to ensure you don't get the American brew which, I believe, has the same UPN (hopefully they will get rid of all of the American brew soon and it won't be an issue). It might help to tell them you want the Made in Germany stuff that has batch numbers begining with M040 or M041. It is extra work but if they want to please the customer. To meet them half way for their effort I would order at least a couple of cases. Hope you are able to get it.
cheers.gif

I never really noticed differences in engine noise when changing oil brands, but the Green Elixir of Life has most definitely coxed some verbiage out of my little Honda Girl. When I enter the garage, she immediately tries to grab my attention by excitedly asking, "Hey Big Daddy, you gonna' take me for a ride?" I usually ignore her pleads for attention, and then she'll usually settle down and become quite unobtrusive as we cruise down the road. However, if she notices that were approaching an on ramp, she'll usually get quite vocal again. Yellin', "Spank me Daddy, please spank me hard." So...what's a feller to do? She wants to get spanked, so I spank her real good. Take up to redline through at least three of the gears. As we settle back down to a normal pace, I'll click on the cruise control for about 80. She'll then relax to a nice comforting purr. I guess that's the sound of afterglow, after a nice romp in the hey. So, yes, I guess you could say that the Green Elixir of Life has brought new meaning to my life, and to that of my loved ones.

I need some help....I had to,just had to stop by the local autozone last night to see if they restocked the 0w30 rack....My heart was pounding when I saw a row of new bottles lined up...Would it be the holy grail??????I saw right off red label and a quick turn of the bottle revealed that yes,oh yes it was the ever loved green elixer of life,love,lubricity,truth,peace,harmony and all other things in life that are good....
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
..So I bought all 16 quarts and now have a stock of 35 quarts....I'm afraid if I return again today I will indulge again...What to do????? Start a GCA or SLXA,German Castrol Annonymous......HELPPPPPPPPPPP...
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sewerman:
I need some help....I had to,just had to stop by the local autozone last night to see if they restocked the 0w30 rack....My heart was pounding when I saw a row of new bottles lined up...Would it be the holy grail??????I saw right off red label and a quick turn of the bottle revealed that yes,oh yes it was the ever loved green elixer of life,love,lubricity,truth,peace,harmony and all other things in life that are good....
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
..So I bought all 16 quarts and now have a stock of 35 quarts....I'm afraid if I return again today I will indulge again...What to do????? Start a GCA or SLXA,German Castrol Annonymous......HELPPPPPPPPPPP...
shocked.gif

sewerman,

It IS thoroughly powerful stuff; never take it lightly and DON'T turn your back on it!
grin.gif

[/QUOTE]winter55,

I would ask the clerk to special order it,
UPN# 0 79191 00068 7. They will probably have to "hand massage it" with the warehouse to ensure you don't get the American brew which, I believe has the same UPN (hopefully they will get rid of all of the American brew soon and it won't be an issue). It might help to tell them you want the Made in Germany stuff that has batch numbers begining with M040 or M041. It is extra work but if they want to please the customer. To meet them half way for their effort I would order at least a couple of cases. Hope you are able to get it.
cheers.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Well unfortunately there is no way to directly communucate with the DC to get the real deal and not the north american stuff. I'm a manager and all we can do is put an order is and take what comes. Being a manager, I have a stash of the green elixer in the back, and ONLY bring it out if asked for it. Otherwise I put the "imatation" GC out on the rack for the "less informed" unwashed masses (customers) we get
wink.gif

quote:

Winter55

So far I have been in five AutoZones in Los Angeles and they all carry GC.

[/QUOTE]So far I have been in five AutoZones in Los Angeles and they all carry GC. [/QB][/QUOTE]

It's strictly luck of the draw in what we get.

Is all GC that states "Made in Germany" in fact made in Germany? Or, is some made in the USA, but stating "Made in Germany"

I'm confused. I'm running GC 0W30 and want to make sure it's actually the GC made in Germany. It states it on the bottle.

If it says made in Germany, that is indeed where it's made. They (Castrol) no longer produce the 0w30 anywhere in North America. So the stock on shelves which says made in USA on it is old stock, so don't panic. GC is not being replaced just yet. I'm hoping that if and when they do replace it, they'll replace it with Castrol's 0w40 Formula R!

I stopped at autozone last night to get some air filters and wanted to see if they restocked the 0w30...I swear I wasn't gonna buy any more,I just wanted to make sure they still had a supply..With my 2 filters in hand I strolled over to the oil section,and yes the shelf was restocked,phew....Wait only 6 bottles,first reaction their supply has dropped and this is it,OH NO......Second reaction,someone else is in on the SLX secret and they are buying my oil,OH NO.... I had to scoff up the last 6,which brings my stash up to 41 quarts...YIKES..
grin.gif
..Just a little early morning humor...Wife's Impala gets the magic juice tommorrow...Even she likes the smell of the gummi bear brew....LOL..
grin.gif

sewerman,

Once your collection starts to expand, set benchmarks to help you keep the numbers from spiraling out of control. For me, if it is not from batch M041 or later or doesn't have the BP logo on the back of the bottle, I'll hold off adding to the stash. I know it can be tough. I was in AZ last week and they had LOTS of SLX, but it didn't meet the requirements I stated above...so I walked away (I do have around 150 quarts
shocked.gif
so it's not like my supply is in peril).
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back