going to help my friend work on his 91 olds 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a 91 olds 98 regency elite with a 3.8 v-6. going to be doing the tps on the tb. need to know how to clean the mass air sensor on the car. as I never worked on this before and any other things I should clean in there.

also where is the cam position sensor located at on the car. as it threw a lot of codes. the tps the mass air flow sensor. o2 sensor and a few for the transaxle pressure thing. so we have some work ahead of us on this car. any insite would be helpful as I never worked on GM cars. just ford and now dodge.

Simple way is to shoot throttle body or electrical contact cleaner down the MAF.

Better way, my 92 3.3 was like this, is to remove the three-screw box on the side of the MAF, this holds the actual thing, doesn't look like much. Spray it and don't touch it, very fragile.

As far as the TPS, if it's on a bad side of the throttle body, you might as well remove the TB so you can get at the screws and not strip them. Only a couple bolts, few vacuum lines and sensor plugs, and you might even be able to reuse the gasket.

yeah going to remove the tb anyways. forgot about the gasket. will make sure to becareful on removing to make sure it can be reused.

Why reuse an old gasket? It's 15yrs old. If you're going to do the job, might as well do it right. Hate to have to do the job over again for .50 gasket.

Just my opinion
smile.gif

yeah I forgot its a GM. thing will prob fall apart and turn to dust just like the company
tombstone.gif
tounge2.gif

seriously I will have him pick up a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back