Going to do a UOA. Oil recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've been here a few months now and have so far shied away from the UOAs.
smile.gif

However, when I finish the AutoRX treatment on my '95 Hyundai Accent, I'm going to do my first one. I've been using Pennzoil 10W-40 in this car for the past few oil changes. I'm tempted to stick with this oil once AutoRX is done because the car seems to like it, and it's a slightly heavier weight which might help the oil consumption issue on the car (beyond what AutoRX has already done). My 2nd AutoRX dose gets put in this weekend, and I'd like to run a full rinse cycle (at least 2000 miles) between completion of AutoRX and the oil that will be put in for the UOA. So I'm guessing I'll be ready to do this in Octoberish.

Another reason I'd like to keep the Penn 10W-40 to do the UOA on is I've never seen a UOA on this particular oil (a search of "Pennzoil" brought up all grades but this one). However, are there any other opinions on an oil I should switch to after the 2nd AutoRX treatment? This would be the oil that gets the UOA. Another consideration is Pennzoil High Mileage 10W-30, because it should hold its viscosity better than the Purebase 10W-40 and may have more beneficial additives for my old, but clean engine. Any other suggestions appreciated.

[ August 13, 2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: timzak ]

I definitely think it would be interesting to see UOAs on both the 10w40 Pennzoil and their 10w30 High Mileage! Please please!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I definitely think it would be interesting to see UOAs on both the 10w40 Pennzoil and their 10w30 High Mileage! Please please!
smile.gif

As tight as things are here, I'd have a hard time justifying two UOA's to the wife.
wink.gif
Especially if the first one is good. I'll see what I can do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back