Going rate for Euro Ultra and PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran to a local parts store to grab an oil filter for the Xterra yesterday, and noticed they had Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5w40 and PP Euro 5w40 on the shelf. This was the first time I had ever seen either of these oils in person. I was just curious as to where others here are getting this oil from, and how much is it costing?

The Ultra 5w40 was $6.99 a quart, and the PP 5w40 was $5.99. This is not a large chain parts store, and they also carry a good selection or Amsoil oils and trans fluids, and a limited selection of Redline oils. Next time I go there, I will grab some photos of their oil selection, its actually pretty impressive compared to oter local stores. If they werent so busy, I would have asked if it was possible to order me a couple cases of Ultra Euro 5w30 for the Neon.

what do you guys think about the price?

Originally Posted By: cos
The price isn't bad at all, especially when you factor in how rare these oils are.

rare?

That's a very good price...the PP in my area is generally about $6.99/QT and the Ultra about $7.80...which is why I often just buy what is on sale at AA for my cars...and build a stash when, say Mobil 1 is on sale.

$1/QT cheaper than AA is a good price...cheaper even than the Navy Exchange...

Generally, the best price I find is when AA has one of their oil promotions. This month, it's 5 QTs of Synpower and a PureOne filter for $27.99. Figure I am paying $5.60/QT for that oil and getting an $8 filter for free...

Cheers

kcfx4,

Yep - rare. Read up here on the forum and you'll see many posts asking where these rare 5W40 oils can be purchased.

Wow that's a great price indeed. Pennzoil sells their euro 5w-40 through their site for about 50 per 6quarts. I wish I could find this deal. Had to resort using 5w-30 PU

After doing quite-a-bit of searching, I have only found one other site that has compareable prices(before shipping), but they are out of stock. I think I am going to go pick up a couple cases. I thought about getting them to order me some Euro 5w30, but i think that is geared more for diesel engines, but I could be wrong. Being that their Ultra 5w40 is on the thinner side of the 40 range, I think it would be a great oil for my motor.

I emailed the parts store to see how much they could get the Ultra Euro 5w30 deisel oil for. They said they could order me as many cases as I was at a cost of $5.99 a quart.

What would be the drawbacks of running a Low Saps Deisel oil in a gasoline engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back