Going back 11 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me all the way back in 1999
smile.gif

Scary ain't I
crazy2.gif

[Linked Image]

How's that hairline doing today? Looked thick back then.

Oh, I've been confusing 53' with '53 all this time. LOL.

Hope you're doing well!

I've just about got all of my old pile of nostalgic mementos, documents, etc. down to one full bin, after tossing out a bunch of junk trophies and ribbons and things. I did keep my 8th grade head-stand competition 1st place trophy and driver's ed state trophy, because they're so odd and I think funny to have. They're in the bin, so it's more of a me-joke anyway.

Anyway, I usually go through all of the old junk a few times per year, spending no more than a few seconds on each item, but always linger on the yearbooks for longer. I don't think my young self would recognize me now as the same person, to be honest.

One of my favorite mementos is my pop pop's old pipe (he died in the mid 2000's). It still smells of half-and-half tobacco. Brings back memories.

Sorry if I got a bit off-topic!

Originally Posted by Leo99
How's that hairline doing today? Looked thick back then.

Oh, I've been confusing 53' with '53 all this time. LOL.

Hope you're doing well!

My hair grows thick and wavy and curly like as of late. There is a bit of thinning on top though but not as bad as real fathers is. Brothers hair isnt thinning either

Originally Posted by gathermewool
I've just about got all of my old pile of nostalgic mementos, documents, etc. down to one full bin, after tossing out a bunch of junk trophies and ribbons and things. I did keep my 8th grade head-stand competition 1st place trophy and driver's ed state trophy, because they're so odd and I think funny to have. They're in the bin, so it's more of a me-joke anyway.

Anyway, I usually go through all of the old junk a few times per year, spending no more than a few seconds on each item, but always linger on the yearbooks for longer. I don't think my young self would recognize me now as the same person, to be honest.

One of my favorite mementos is my pop pop's old pipe (he died in the mid 2000's). It still smells of half-and-half tobacco. Brings back memories.

Sorry if I got a bit off-topic!

It's all good sir
smile.gif

Take Care

I think you mean 21 years... unless you meant Grade 11...
Class of '98 myself... back then I had a full head of hair, and was at LEAST 100 Lbs lighter...
now my hair line is best described as "the Captain", IE: Patrick Stuart in the late 80's..

Originally Posted by earlyre
I think you mean 21 years... unless you meant Grade 11...
Class of '98 myself... back then I had a full head of hair, and was at LEAST 100 Lbs lighter...
now my hair line is best described as "the Captain", IE: Patrick Stuart in the late 80's..

D'oh! Good catch. Getting old.....

You look like the typical local TV news station sports reporter. Up next on ABC 7 is Sports with Adam Bennett. Many reporters use a stage name.

[Linked Image]

11 years ago I was in the 8th grade, here's a picture of me from after my last day of school in 8th grade holding my Bart Simpson head sculpture I made in art class.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
[Linked Image]

11 years ago I was in the 8th grade, here's a picture of me from after my last day of school in 8th grade holding my Bart Simpson head sculpture I made in art class.

That is awesome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by blufeb95
[Linked Image]

8th grade!? You look like you're 30. LOL. Hope you haven't aged much since then. Tats on your arms?

Originally Posted by Leo99

8th grade!? You look like you're 30. LOL. Hope you haven't aged much since then. Tats on your arms?

[Linked Image]

No tats, I look like a pretty average dude in his mid 20s now.

Originally Posted by CT8
Class of 71 you youngsters.

Class of 65 here.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
This is me all the way back in 1999
smile.gif

Scary ain't I

Military veteran? I think of grey haired gentleman walking with canes. Especially with that username. Not anyone under 40. How did you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back