GN4 oil??

So I have a Ford 331 stroker full roller set up, and the local Ford guru at the dyno and engine shop said to use this Honda Pro GN4 engine oil. It's a 10W40 but it says 4 stroke motorcycle oil on the bottle. Has anyone heard of this oil before or had any experience with it? He claims this is the best oil you can get right now especially for a high rpm small block. He also advises against synthetic oil. Says use conventional and just change often?

I used it for a long time in an ATV I had. Then bottled it back up after draining from atv and used in a riding mower that doubled as a mosquito fogger.

All I can say is that when that atv did start consuming oil I switched to Valvoline conventional because it was cheaper to top up with and it REALLY consumed oil after that.

Coffee filter it first?
Nah, that old mower wasn't picky. It just needed something slick. It burned/leaked so much oil it wasn't even funny. I did eventually fix the leak but it still burned oil like crazy.

As a young tech I kept decent looking coolant drained out at 30k services, strained it through an old tshirt and used it in a tractor with pin hole at the top of the radiator. Changing coolant at 30k should give you an idea of how long ago that was!

Back