GM's HD Truck Line $100k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Styling is subjective, and GM's square wheelwells on their trucks have never appealed to me. The front end is also a poke in the eye IMO. But the complaining about the MSRP of the most expensive versions exceeding $100k at some point, is just more class-envy that a certain faction trots out at every opportunity. They've been indoctrinated well.

RAM and Ford pickups can also be optioned up into that price territory.

Nobody is forced to buy a $100k pickup, certainly lower optioned versions can be had for less. If those heavily optioned versions don't sell, production of them will be curtailed. If they DO sell, then obviously someone wants them, and is willing to pay the price. If all someone who buys a $100k truck does is drive around town, who cares?

Get a life and worry about your own affairs.

If they are so confident in their vehicle that people should pay 100k for it , GM should be confident in providing a better than average warranty with it .

It's sickening if you consider how dog gone ugly the front end of the 2020 Chevrolet HD pickup is. Totally hideous. Medusa hideous, actually. Don't look directly at it.

I am on the other camp....please buy these trucks....everyone that can. That way in a few years after sucking up the depreciation they can sell them flooding the market with used trucks where guys like me can buy them up at a fraction of the cost with 80% life of the machine remaining. People get the new trucks they want and I get the used ones I want....win-win for everyone.
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
hideous!!!! and I'm not talking about the price

The headlights
smirk2.gif

The Fenders
06.gif

The grill
sick.gif

chebbie.jpg

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
They are hideous. Oh and round wheels fit in round wheelwells, not square that show the ugly frame and inner fenders. They need to fire some designers.

All I want is 5 or 6 speed manual, V6 that is durable under loads, AC, power steering, power brakes, ABS and limited slip 2 wheel drive STANDARD cab with useful 8 FOOT bed, A good radio wold be nice, but no touch screen to crap out and cost $$$$$

Is that so hard? Obviously no one wants a real truck.

Rod

Typical BITOG post. You can still get a single cab for a reasonable price last time I looked. I don't know if it checks all your boxes however.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
I am on the other camp....please buy these trucks....everyone that can. That way in a few years after sucking up the depreciation they can sell them flooding the market with used trucks where guys like me can buy them up at a fraction of the cost with 80% life of the machine remaining. People get the new trucks they want and I get the used ones I want....win-win for everyone.
coffee2.gif

I see posts like your on here frequently and frankly can't believe them. It's like you haven't walked on to the "used" side of a dealers lot and look at pre-owned trucks and the asking prices-in the last 3 to 4 years.

I know first hand because I traded a couple in and the trade in allowance was very generous. One truck I traded in was sold within 7 days of me buying my new truck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN

It's like you haven't walked on to the "used" side of a dealers lot and look at pre-owned trucks and the asking prices-in the last 3 to 4 years.

I don't know.... I guess it depends

I bought my 2008 F150 XLT with 96,000 miles on it in "Very Good" in 2016 for $8,250 +TTL - - I thought that was pretty fair.

I just bought a 2013 Kia Optima with 17,000 original miles for $10,000 - less than half of what it cost when new

Yes, used truck prices are crazy, too.

In new trucks, Ram, Ford and Chevy continue to try to out-ugly each other. I can't stand to look at any of them.

And I want a simple truck with an inline-6, not a V6. 70 series tires on moderate size rims, great A/C and fabric seats, wouldn't mind 5 or 6 speeds in a solid automatic. But I realize I'm not representative of the marketplace.

Originally Posted by Rand
hideous!!!! and I'm not talking about the price

The headlights
smirk2.gif

The Fenders
06.gif

The grill
sick.gif

I think they are trying to "out Dodge".....Dodge hahaha. Sorry, "RAM" for those that insist.

Honestly none of them are good looking, but the GM fender wells need to go and have needed to go for a long time. What they've done to the front of the new Silverado, from the 1500 on up, is abhorrent. The HD trucks are easily the worst looking truck, by far, ever. I'd rather be seen in a Pontiac Aztec.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HangFire
Yes, used truck prices are crazy, too.

In new trucks, Ram, Ford and Chevy continue to try to out-ugly each other. I can't stand to look at any of them.

And I want a simple truck with an inline-6, not a V6. 70 series tires on moderate size rims, great A/C and fabric seats, wouldn't mind 5 or 6 speeds in a solid automatic. But I realize I'm not representative of the marketplace.

My brothers had chevy trucks in the 1970's, one had the 292 c.i. straight six, the other the 250 c.i. straight six. Neither truck could get out of it's own way, but the 292 wasn't too bad. The 250 was a total dog, however.

Originally Posted by earthbound
sickening if you ask me.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...o-top-dollar100000/ar-AADrXK3?li=BBnbfcN

Well, GM pickup sales have been pretty well buried by Ford and FCA and Toyota and Nissan are nipping at their heels.
Toyota in particular offers what is considered in some circles the high end truck.
If GM can't make any money selling sedans or CUVs, then what are they to do?
I mean, everyone knows RAV/Forester/Escape/Rouge, but who can even remember what GM offers in this class?
Maybe a lot of prosperous farmers will buy these really ugly things?
Doubt it, since rural folks have always been partial to Fords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back