GMC v Chevy Suburbans

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Are there any mechanical differences between these two trucks for any given model year, or are they for all intent and purpose twins? Any reason to buy one instead of the other?

Top chevy trims are nearly if not identical. Hardware is the same.

Whats not equal is warranty service - there are way more Chevy dealers than GMC.

Top chevy trims are nearly if not identical. Hardware is the same.

Whats not equal is warranty service - there are way more Chevy dealers than GMC.
Fair enough … Ours is the same - full GM lineup - think I have owned a fairly even balance … Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Canyon, Yukon … (Hummer too) …

I've owned a 1999 suburban LT and still own a 2005 xl Denali and just got a 2021 escalade esv.

The Yukon xl was capable of being more luxurious than the suburban while being more logically priced to buy and own than the escalade so that's why i got that back then. But the new xl Denali's were priced too close to the escalade and they cost about the same to own and insure now.

But an equally equipped suburban lt with leather, tech, paint color, and 20 inch rims is noticeably cheaper at almost 4k less than an equally equipped Yukon xl slt with leather, tech, paint color, and 20 inch rims so now the suburban is really the only logical one when it was basically just a couple hundred off back then.

But 3-4k of price difference is too much between the two. Especially when the Yukon xl slt looks uglier than a suburban LT. On top of that you get a lot of free colors with the suburban where anything but 1 color on the Yukon is at least 500 bucks more which is beyond stupid. And they have the almost all the same color options too. The yukon really isn't worth it anymore over the suburban.

Last edited:
Here.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 7
Why GMC charging more for there Yukons and Sierra’s over the Tahoes and Sliverado‘s with the same features and Tech 🤬🤬 . Is the dealership experience more upscale?

GMC usually has a few more bits as standard equipment and option packages structured a little differently. Mechanically they're the same as others have pointed out.

Back