GM wants to keep you in your GM car...literally

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT1

WASHINGTON — GM is recalling 44,451 2008 Saturn Vue vehicles because the doors may not latch when closed, which "could result in an unbelted occupant falling out of the vehicle," according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

In its recalls summary of the problem, NHTSA says that if an unbelted occupant falls out of the vehicle, it could cause "increased risk of injury."
crackmeup2.gif

The recall involves Vue vehicles with body-color outside door handles. Saturn dealers will replace the outside door handles with chrome door handles for free. The recall is expected to begin on or before Aug. 18. Owners may contact Saturn at 800-972-8876.

Last edited:
This isn't the only problem GM has had keeping people in GM vehicles.

Especially when they're in the market for a replacement vehicle.

Quote:
Saturn dealers will replace the outside door handles with chrome door handles for free.

Because with all the parts supplier shutdowns, that's all they have lying around!
banana2.gif

John

Originally Posted By: John_K
Quote:
Saturn dealers will replace the outside door handles with chrome door handles for free.

Because with all the parts supplier shutdowns, that's all they have lying around!
banana2.gif

John

Beings that they have been sold off, I can imagine about 1000 Saturn reps hitting about every aftermarket auto parts store in the country and going to the lazy susan at the HELP section and buying aftermarket door knobs underneath faded bubble packs.
Saturn gets sold off and a federally mandated recall gives them a kick in the arse as they are being trucked away.

I may be cynical here, but if the outside door handles are to blame, people should notice them not springing back to proper position before entering said open door.

I don't have a bluetooth jammed in my ear, so I'd notice if the door didn't close with the usual click/thunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back