GM upsets Challenger media event...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346647

lol.gif

The whole thing is 'monkey see, monkey do' marketing. Looks like the manufacturers have run out of new ideas, and now they dig up the old ones. I'm waiting for the comeback of the 63 1/2 Falcon Sprint. I was a senior in high school when this rich snot of a kid drove one to school and parked it next to my Olds powered '50 Ford. I tried everything I could think of to get him to race me for pinks, but no luck. The Falcon had a V8 and 4-speed, and after a ride, I did not like my car, much, anymore.

I guess GM thinks there's no such thing as 'bad PR.' But TOWING their Camaros around just seems to send the wrong message.

they should drive the challenger over to GM headquarters. ask if JR. can come out and play with the big boys.

that would make a great pinks episode concept vs concept.
itschy.gif
that is if the charmero will even run. I doubt they will be able to haul it down the track on a flat bed.
lol.gif

quote:

Why didn't someone just drive a Mustang to the event?

someone did but it rusted out before it made it there
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by chewbacca:
Maybe Daimler Chrysler should DRIVE their Challenger to GM Hdqtrs and show GM that REAL Muscle cars run on their own, not get trailered around.

If you're implying that the Camaro is merely a show car that cannot be driven, think again.

Matt_S, I stand corrected. I drove 2 Camaro's and a Pontiac Firebird back in the day. Hopefully, "you know willing", I shall again. I just hope that GM for once in their lives build it without any of the usual "end customer" ironing out the bugs when it does finally roll out in '08.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

A customer came to the store with his 93 Camaro. He needed a strong adhesive to glue the plastic outer door panel back to the door frame. I've had my 90 Mustang for 13 yrs and no rust. It spent 4 years in Montana while I was in the USAF.

Isn't this kinda a slap in the face to American auto workers that both "american icon" muscle cars are being made in Canada?Whatz up wit dat
dunno.gif
rolleyes.gif

They had to outsource to Canada. The American UAW's overpaid, underworked labor force would have never gotten the car to production for its projected MSRP.

Case and point: Why the GTO was made from off-the-shelf parts by Holden in Australia.

quote:

Originally posted by GT Mike:
They had to outsource to Canada. The American UAW's overpaid, underworked labor force would have never gotten the car to production for its projected MSRP.

Case and point: Why the GTO was made from off-the-shelf parts by Holden in Australia.

The level of oversimplification in this statement is beyond words. Choosing a car plant involves many factors. Cost is but one. I also doubt the CAW is much different that the UAW at this point, although Canada does have nationalized health care to its advantage. Logistics is a big factor as is plant availability. In other words, if a plant is in the middle of a production run, they're not going to build a new vehicle there. They'll choose a plant that is due to end a run, like the Oshawa plant will be doing at the end of '08 when the current W-body cars drop out of the lineup.

Kind of pathetic. Having a non running demo car is upstaging the Challanger?

So sad GM will be at least 1 year behind
when Challanger goes into production next year as 2008 model.

quote:

Originally posted by Tosh:
I guess GM thinks there's no such thing as 'bad PR.' But TOWING their Camaros around just seems to send the wrong message.

quote:

Originally posted by VNT:

quote:

Non-running?
quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
If you're implying that the Camaro is merely a show car that cannot be driven, think again.

yes they ahd to tow the camaro "mule" on a flat bed to chryslers event.

quote:

Originally posted by Zaedock:

quote:

quote:

Non-running?
quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:

quote:

yes they ahd to tow the camaro "mule" on a flat bed to chryslers event.

Not "had" to, "chose" to. If you actually read that article I linked, you would see that Rick Waggoner was driving the new Camaro down Woodward for the Dream Cruise. The two Camaros on the trailer was done for effect (new vs. old).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back