GM quick connect issues continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
after getting a new radiator installed in girlfriends 13 malibu 2.5 LS the tranny cooler disconnect in the nylon end tank still leaked but new rad was good, got another OE connector as they are cheap but it started leaking after a few months!! tried the NAPA brand + samo, how can a simple O ring in the fitting seal when the line moves in + out a bit!! searching reveals a lot of issues with this cheap unreliable fitting, so looking for suggestions, thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
I am not sure which one you mean. Photos would help. I have them on all my cars no leaks. They are on literally millions of cars with no leaks.
Is it leaking from the threads or where the fitting line goes into the fitting? Did you use new clips?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with late model Malibu's.....But have been around GM clipped cooler fitting since their inception. The design itself will hold the 100psi+ cooler pressure that a Allison 1000 puts out.

The part of the hard line that meets the O-ring MUST be a perfect circle.....If it's egg shaped or has flat spot in it from mishandling or wear, The line will need to be replaced.

*The lines need to be in a neutral position.....With no weight pulling on them!

Your leaking trans fluid? I have seen where the fitting that the clips plug into leak because they didn't have properly applied thread sealant or they were not screwed in tight but the actual steel line that is held in by the clip has been fine. Make sure the fitting is screwed in tight. If it still leaks then thread sealer needs to be reapplied.

I cant say I ever had a problem with these fittings, as Clinebarger posted I suspect you have a problem elsewhere eg the line itself being out of round or a burr that is damaging the o ring.

I do recall having an aftermarket radiator leak at the threads that the fitting screwed into. I put some thread sealant on it. Never had any other problems.
Like I said some pictures would help.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back