GM Lawsuit 5.3L oil burners

Honestly I don't check MPG … and I drive the speed limit for the most part. It's reasonable in Texas to me.
As dave1251 knows … these motors have decent acceleration …

Originally Posted by CKN
True here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If they happen to win- the Lawyers will get a cool two to three million, and everybody else a free coupon for an oil change........................................

Winner winner … prime rib dinner (this post way above chicken dinner class) !

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by 4WD
Hmmm … my family and I have owned many 5.3L's up to 400k while slapping

Had my last one 8 years and I have two now … oil burners = none regardless of slap or not …
New versions do not slap … very quiet
Two things I grow less and less likely to trust … lawyers and what I read here

I'll take baby powder for million$, Alex …

Are you the one averaging 26MPG on a Silverado? If so of course it's going to burn oil you are not driving you are lugging.

You can easily average 25 mpg on the highway in a Silverado if you keep it at 70ish mph.

My friend's 01 2wd short box with a 4.8 can get that. My 05 4x4 extended cab will only get about 20 at best on a long trip.

20's are a DREAM for me lol
smirk2.gif

My '01 1500HD 6.0 LQ4 4x4 with 3:73 G80 gets MAX 17 MPG on a good day. I mostly average 15 MPG mix city/highway. And that's with FULL fuel system clean, intake clean and new fuel filter

I have had ONE of these GMT800 trucks do 20-21MPG I think it was a 01 1500 5.3

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by 4WD
Hmmm … my family and I have owned many 5.3L's up to 400k while slapping

Had my last one 8 years and I have two now … oil burners = none regardless of slap or not …
New versions do not slap … very quiet
Two things I grow less and less likely to trust … lawyers and what I read here

I'll take baby powder for million$, Alex …

Are you the one averaging 26MPG on a Silverado? If so of course it's going to burn oil you are not driving you are lugging.

You can easily average 25 mpg on the highway in a Silverado if you keep it at 70ish mph.

Not a 2018 Z71 Crew Cab with a 5.3 and 6 speed. I can hit 33MPG coming down the mountain at 72MPH but after 100 miles the MPG drops to around 21MPH.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Honestly I don't check MPG … and I drive the speed limit for the most part. It's reasonable in Texas to me.
As dave1251 knows … these motors have decent acceleration …

Coming from a 15 Ram Hemi into a the 18 Silverado 5.3 I was pleasantly surprised. The acceleration is not only comparable with two less gears the Silverado feels like a truck.

Originally Posted by GMguy84
20's are a DREAM for me lol
smirk2.gif

My '01 1500HD 6.0 LQ4 4x4 with 3:73 G80 gets MAX 17 MPG on a good day. I mostly average 15 MPG mix city/highway. And that's with FULL fuel system clean, intake clean and new fuel filter

I have had ONE of these GMT800 trucks do 20-21MPG I think it was a 01 1500 5.3

Dave

Sounds like decent mileage for a 6.0. It's surprising the difference between them in mileage. 5.3/4.8 seek to get about the same while 6.0 usually gets a lot worse, although they're usually in a much heavier 3/4 ton.

The big difference is it it's 2wd or 4wd. Lighter regular cab/short box can get slightly better also.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by CKN
True here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If they happen to win- the Lawyers will get a cool two to three million, and everybody else a free coupon for an oil change........................................

Winner winner … prime rib dinner (this post way above chicken dinner class) !

You're so fancy 4wd.. so bourgeoise
lol.gif

You Know I'm just messing with ya
lol.gif

I actually liked you different meat selection there....

I like that upgrade....

Speaking of upgrades 4wd...

My local Harris Teeter has had "prime" ground beef in the store. . $5.99 a pound... But holy cow 4wd.... That prime beef burger makes awesome and I mean awesome cheeseburgers... It's legit.... Worth paying $7.50- $8 a pack... And fresh ground in the store too...

Back