GM issues 6 new recalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that they realize how much money a tiny error can cost them they're in full cover your butt mode and issuing recalls every minor chance of a problem they've caught.

Last edited:
GM has lost a lot of money due to the recalls. I am not a fan of GM at the moment. This being said sometimes enough is enough. GM and recalls enough passed sometime ago.

I don't mind recalls - at least they're being honest and owning up to the problem. My experience with Nissan has been the opposite, they ignore "recall" issues with a passion.

Originally Posted By: strat81
In other news, it will get dark tonight.

Really...Movie at 10:30
Still really looking forward to the 2016 Camaro, tho!
Prototype spy-photos are coming out...it looks like a car covered in
blankets & poofy stuff, but it's still exciting
grin.gif

One of the local chevy dealers is in a mall sort of thing. There is an abandon store next to the chevy dealer. The entire parking lot is filled with customer recalled cars.

The rental companies are loving this.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Until something that they have a boatload of in their fleet is recalled.

I was needing a rental the morning of the announcement of the big Camry recall. That was a rough day... every Camry in the rental fleet was instantly taken out of service.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
One of the local chevy dealers is in a mall sort of thing. There is an abandon store next to the chevy dealer. The entire parking lot is filled with customer recalled cars.

At this point I'd be pretty frustrated my car had been sitting for that long. That reminds me I should see if the Cobalt ignition switch came in.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
I don't mind recalls - at least they're being honest and owning up to the problem. My experience with Nissan has been the opposite, they ignore "recall" issues with a passion.

I agree, regardless of what I might think of any auto maker or my past experience with them - I admire them for (like you said) owning up to the problem.

Nissan is notorious in my family for fighting warranty repairs. I'm not surprised about recalls.

There needs to be a recall on GM itself and shut the doors until they start getting things right. May be a bit drastic, but I have standing since I own a GM pickup.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

Nissan is notorious in my family for fighting warranty repairs. I'm not surprised about recalls.

That's why I just bought a Honda and not a Nissan.

Really? Some of these recalls (ignition switches) they've known about for about 10 years and did nothing. As more and more people died every year it finally came to light and they were forced to issue a recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back