GM Infantry Squad Vehicle

You can see the DSSV's in last photo.

1686052432413.jpg

1686052451848.jpg

1686052472327.jpg

1686052505965.jpg

Sweet, so they remade the basic humvee again. 20 years in the sandbox didn't teach us anything apparently but good to know some brass got their payday.

I see no geared hubs like the Humvee. I guess that's a money saver.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZcL2ZvdXItd2hlZWwtZHJpdmUtaHVtbWVyLWRpYWdyYW0uanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjoyODV9LCJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImF2aWYifX0=
The military probably demanded to not have some junk like that because if the Taliban could make do with a basic straight axle in the rear and drum brakes and win then so can they. The Humvee was honestly just overengineered. It had a reputation for a reason.

The military probably demanded to not have some junk like that because if the Taliban could make do with a basic straight axle in the rear and drum brakes and win then so can they. The Humvee was honestly just overengineered. It had a reputation for a reason.

The original one was 'decent'. However it was obvious they were designed to work in moderate climates and geared towards a European theater war and infrastructure. The sandbox showed us the pitfalls of using such a vehicle in a radically difference climate. The more armor it got, the drastically worse it performed.

The original one was 'decent'. However it was obvious they were designed to work in moderate climates and geared towards a European theater war and infrastructure. The sandbox showed us the pitfalls of using such a vehicle in a radically difference climate. The more armor it got, the drastically worse it performed.
Yeah it forced the us to reshape its combat philosophy. The Chevy Colorado is kinda like a hilux and that's what it's based off of.

I'd be a little concerned if you were a ground pounder grunt depending on general motors to make equipment for the military. I think they deserve something a lot better. we sure seem to give everybody else and their mother more than they deserve and yet the troops get stuck using only in my opinion less than stellar engineering equipment.

"Ok guys we're going in! Get ready. Oh **** my DSSV's are leaking. Retreat!" j/k

DSSV's are known to leak sometimes.

Back