GM Getting 50 Billion More!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing more than Chicago politics gone national. "You's vote for me, I'll give you money".

The money pit never ends once you secure the voting block.

The gift that keeps giving....
crackmeup2.gif

And I love that the UAW is making new contracts today and last time I checked, when you go into bankruptcy all contracts are pretty well invalid.

Unless Government Motors gets to do a "special" bankruptcy..

More "change"...
37.gif

And what exactly did the citizens get for all these billions of $$ spent so far and the $50 billion MORE?

What a JOKE!
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

More "change"...
37.gif

And what exactly did the citizens get for all these billions of $$ spent so far and the $50 billion MORE?

"Change" turned out to be lots of silver dollars from the treasury. Who woulda ever thought GM would get billions and billions from the feds? Incredible.

John

Originally Posted By: DrinkDuff77
Where did you hear this? I can't find anything online about it and am stuck at work.

There's some info on it on Detroit news.....

This payment just needs to last till November then the next one will be a bigger one as it needs to make it for November 2010.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I want to say so much on this subject, but I would get banned from BITOG. I shall refrain.

I'm with you Wayne, this country is in serious trouble.

It should be Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsu, Hyundai, BMW, etc. dealerships closing instead of our own industries going belly up. But instead, GM's bright new idea is selling cars from China and laying off more US workers. This country has seen better days.

Originally Posted By: cousincletus
It should be Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsu, Hyundai, BMW, etc. dealerships closing instead of our own industries going belly up. But instead, GM's bright new idea is selling cars from China and laying off more US workers. This country has seen better days.
No, if you don't build what the market wants and build it so people will beleive that their purchase will last without $$$ to keep it running.

A few of the auto companies have now killed ANY change of surviving on their own buy getting in bed with the devil.

Chrysler is being bought by Fiat to "save" them.
smirk2.gif

They are toast. Hopefully when they sell off Jeep whoever buys it can keep it going. The rest is DOA.

Nope they did it to themselves. Too little way to late.

Hope they enjoyed it while it lasted.

Bill

I agree about the Chrysler we knew being "toast".

It will be a new company with some of the same old products for a while but that will change.

I'm curious to see if the place the "New Yorker" badge on one of those new products.

Lets face it... there had to be a change. This recession was enough to push GM & Chrysler over the brink.

My next vehicle very well might be a Ford Fusion.

Chrysler have the Jeep name, minivans and Ram trucks that all have some value. The rest won't be missed. Fiat just ranked dead last in quality of all the new cars for sale in the UK. Chrysler + Fiat = made for each other. Fiat want to sell their small cars here. They look better than Yugo's, that's about the only good thing I have to say about Fiat. Epic fail is guaranteed.

What exactly did we the taxpayers get with this GM $50B bankruptcy that we wouldn't have got 3 months ago with a $0B bankruptcy? Yikes, how much does that $50B work out to for each UAW democrat vote? I think it's about $50B/150,000 = $333K per vote. Sweet deal for the few.

I'm done with GM and know 5 other GM SUV guys like me that are done as well...let the UAW buy all the garbage they make after they loot the US Treasury. No more for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back