37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif

How does dumping tax payer money into a company that nobody is going to buy from because they dumped tax payer money into it make sense?

Wow, look at all the [censored] people and the "tics"....

This is why most of you guys are not industry insiders.

Most people are sheeple, and they can't remember somthing that happened five minutes ago (last year's idol winner, anyone?)

So if these companies can put of some solid products, (governmant mandated, of course), I don't see them hurting that bad.

You might as well get used to it, as I can see a few other auto comapnies asking for a handout soon...(and P.S, I'm not talking about Ford..)

Then again, the Chinese might be able to buy most of our comapnies in 10 years or so...we'll see.

*puts flamesuit on*
45.gif

Last edited:
This just will make me never buy a GM product again, ever... If I already "paid" into the company to fix their mismanagement and didn't at least get a free vehicle in return, then I certainly am never going to support them again.

I'm happy that this might be the solution to all the families that depend on this income and that their might be light at the end of the tunnel for them, but I just couldn't bring myself to purchase a product from them after this fiasco...

Sorry...

mad.gif

maybe we as taxpayers should all be entitled to a free GM vehicle when they recover. And if they don't we all should get a refund on this "generous donation". In fact maybe we should make bailouts tax deductible.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
50 Billion dollars. Why so little ?
54.gif

That will only keep GM afloat for a few months.

Expect much more in the future.

Buy hey, it's a deal to save 14,000 union jobs right? That's only ~$3.5 million PER JOB. Steal!
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

Most people are sheeple, and they can't remember somthing that happened five minutes ago (last year's idol winner, anyone?)

So if these companies can put of some solid products, (governmant mandated, of course), I don't see them hurting that bad.

You might as well get used to it, as I can see a few other auto comapnies asking for a handout soon...(and P.S, I'm not talking about Ford..)

Then again, the Chinese might be able to buy most of our comapnies in 10 years or so...we'll see.

*puts flamesuit on*
45.gif

of course your all for this extra 50 billion dollar bailout, your from Michigan.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: hal
maybe we as taxpayers should all be entitled to a free GM vehicle when they recover. And if they don't we all should get a refund on this "generous donation". In fact maybe we should make bailouts tax deductible.

for this much money, everyone in America should get a free GM vehicle. it's our taxpaying dollars. At this point, GM wasn't worth saving. They should be bailout out social security and medicare!!

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
They should be bailout out social security and medicare!!

No. They can not be sure that everyone would vote for them bailing out SS and medicare. (Plus that would screw up them "fixing"
crackmeup2.gif
the health care system)

And trust me, see how they have SCREWED up auto industry, wait till we see them work their "magic" on Health care.
37.gif

With these bailouts, they have already received the votes and paying back PLUS they will vote for them again since they "care" and "tried"...

It is a "new" system...
smirk2.gif

With all the new taxes we will be payiny, a Fiat is all we will be able to afford to drive. Look at the whole picture guys.

Well, the country voted for "change." That's what they got.
cool.gif

First, GM was too big too fail. Now it's a government program.
thumbsup2.gif

You know what Ronaldus Maximus said about government programs? It's the closest we've come to eternal life.

Many of you said you won't ever buy GM again. You are assuming you will have a choice. :no-no:

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
Well, the country voted for "change." That's what they got.
cool.gif

First, GM was too big too fail. Now it's a government program.
thumbsup2.gif

You know what Ronaldus Maximus said about government programs? It's the closest we've come to eternal life.

Many of you said you won't ever buy GM again. You are assuming you will have a choice. :no-no:

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
48.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: daves87rs

*puts flamesuit on*
45.gif

of course your all for this extra 50 billion dollar bailout, your from Michigan.
LOL.gif

Forget about GM, Michigan needs it's own bailout....
grin2.gif

I think this stinks but, then I work for a living and don't know much about "high finance" I guess that means as a tax payer, I now own some piece of GM and the UAW and big bond holders and and? My Grandkids will end up paying for this mistake.

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace

And this may be the most correct statement in this thread.
frown.gif

We most likely will NOT have a choice. The other companies will fail to meet (ie PAY) the "new and improved" standards and not be allowed to sell here.

Then the current vehicles will be taxed to a point that you WILL NOT operate them on Public streets due to them polluting and not being "clean".

Welcome to H____...

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I think this stinks but, then I work for a living and don't know much about "high finance" I guess that means as a tax payer, I now own some piece of GM and the UAW and big bond holders and and? My Grandkids will end up paying for this mistake.
and their kids...

If there is anything left....

Originally Posted By: keith

Yikes, how much does that $50B work out to for each UAW democrat vote? I think it's about $50B/150,000 = $333K per vote. Sweet deal for the few.

ding ding ding we have a winner.

This purtrid display of an out of control leftist government is nothing more than political payback for the blind political/financial support from organized labor over the years.

The democrats make no attempt to hide political paybacks and the media turns a blind eye.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
and the media turns a blind eye.

That's the part that burns me up. They flat out refuse to report any truth. It's like National Enquirer style reporting everywhere. Really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back